I Can't

Benjamin

It's 11:45pm.

I can't sleep. I've called Michelle about 20 times now and she has not answered.

What have I done?

Now she wants nothing to do with me.

She  must have been so embarrassed by the way Jessica spoke to her. She wouldn't want to come near me again.

I had to apologize.

She had to know that I never meant for her first weekend at our house to turn out so badly.

I should text her.

I'm sure she would read that.

Me- hey Mimi I'm so sorry

No response after fifteen minutes.

Me- Please don't be mad at me. It's killing me.

Still no response. What's wrong with me? She is probably asleep. I mean it's past midnight.

She is not awake feeling stupidly guilty like I am.
I tell my self and place my phone beside me on the bed.

I shut my eyes and sigh deeply.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Do I have feelings for Michelle?

Is that it?

Is that why I can't seem to stand her being upset with me?

No way!

I have a girlfriend. I've been dating her for five years. I cant have feelings for Michelle who I've only just met. That would make me a horrible person.
Right?

"She is just a friend. I like her as a friend that's it" I mutter to myself and then pick up my phone to text her again.

Me- I'd pick you up from foster to school on Monday morning .

Two minutes later my phone beeps.

Whoa! She is awake.

Michelle: No Ben, you don't have to. Just do what your girlfriend says and stay away from me.

Stay away from her? I don't think so.

Me: Mimi common, I'm sorry about today. She won't bother you again I promise. Let me pick you up on monday please

It's takes fifteen minutes for her to reply and I rush to read her text as soon as my phone beeps.
It was just two letters but it gave me huge relief.

Michelle: ok

I smile and put my phone away. I relax unto my bed and shut my eyes.

I could finally sleep.

**""

Laura was feeling much better by monday. I told her I'd be going to pick Michelle up as we stepped out of the house to go to school.

" You really like her don't you? Honestly I'd rather you date Michelle than that pile of colors Jessica" she says smiling.

"We are just friends Laura. Don't get any ideas" I say and quickly step into my car before she could say anything else.