Chapter Nineteen

"This is bullshit." Zayn says.

"We've been driving for an hour and a half and we haven't came across anything but fields." He huffs and I must say he looks so adorable when he's huffy.

"Are you trying to say fields aren't interesting?" I say.

"What's interesting about them?"

"Cows. Cows are interesting."

"Shall I let you out here and you can go play with the cows?"

"Shut up." I say, swatting him on the arm.

"Hey now, don't hit the driver." He says in a childish voice.

"You're adorable, you know that?"

"So I've been told."

"Oh really? By who?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"My girlfriend. She's pretty cool, you'd probably like her."

"I bet she's a keeper."

"That she is." He says.

"Tell me about her."

"Well, she pretends her panini's are amazing when they're obviously not a patch on mine."

"Hmm is that so? Maybe she should start making panini's for someone who's a bit more appreciative?"

"Okay I lied. Her panini's are better than mine." He says, raising his hands in surrender.

"Hands on the wheel, Malik."

"Sorry boss." He places his hands back on the steering wheel.

"Did I mention my girl looks incredible in that dress?" He says and my stomach does a flip because his voice is so damn sexy when he says my girl.

"Oh does she now?"

"She does. And you know what else?"

"What's that?"

"No one even comes close to pulling off that red lipstick like she does."

"Is that so?" I whisper in his ear as seductively as I can. I place a slow and lingering kiss on his temple, leaving a lipstick stain behind.

"If you keep doing that I'm gonna crash." Zayn says, fidgeting in his seat.

I lean back into my seat feeling smug as ever because the look on his face is absolutely priceless.

We continue driving for another two hours or so until we come to a nice looking little village. The pavements are grey bricked lined with various different coloured cottages. The sun is shining down on the flowers and grass - like something you'd find on a postcard.

"This is cute." I say, looking out the window as we pass the various cottages and shops.

"Yeah it's not bad." Zayn says unenthusiastically.

"Don't get too excited."

He glances at me and laughs. "What is there to do here though?" He says.

I look out the window again, taking in the sights as we drive by. "Well there's a bakery, a clothes shop, a cottage, um, another cottage..." I say, my voice trailing off. "Oh! There's a pub!"

"Now we're talking." Zayn grins.

"But we can't drink if you're driving?"

"We passed a B&B, we could stay?"

"Sounds good."

"Okay, there's a car park ahead."

We drive to the end of the road and Zayn turns into the car park. It's surprisingly busy for such a small village. We get out of the car and Zayn links my arm and we start to walk through the street.