Chapter Twenty-Nine

Mr Hedshaw enters the room with a tray in his hands. The tray has two glasses of water and two plates with a slice of bread on each of them.

"Hungry?" He asks, and Zayn and I stay silent.

"Oh, is that how it's going to be?" He laughs, sitting the tray down on the table behind me.

"Where is he?" Zayn asks and I can tell he's trying his hardest to stay calm.

"Who?" Mr Hedshaw asks.

"Don't play games with me, you know who."

A smile spreads across his face as he walks closer to Zayn. My breaths become slower the closer he gets. Please don't hurt him. Please don't hurt him.

"He's busy." He says.

"Doing what? Killing more innocent children?"

"I'd watch your attitude." Mr Hedshaw says. "The more you backchat, the worse it could be for this pretty little lady." He leers, coming closer to me.

"Don't you fucking touch her." Zayn warns.

"Why? What're you going to do about it?" He says, raising his hand to the side of my cheek.

"You lay one finger on her and I'll rip you apart." He says, a furious glare on his face.

"See that's where you're wrong. Because you can't do shit when you're tied up, can you?" Mr Hedshaw says, walking back over to Zayn and slapping him harshly across the face.

"And you sure as hell can't do shit when you're unconscious." He smirks.

I can see Zayn's jaw lock, as if he's grinding his teeth and I know for a fact if he wasn't tied up right now, Mr Hedshaw wouldn't even be standing.

There is nothing worse than the feeling of seeing someone that means so much to you being hurt right in front of you, and you can't do a thing about it. The adrenaline takes over your body and you know if you could you'd destroy the person who hurt them. I want nothing more than to pull apart these ropes around me and lunge for the sick bastard. How fucking dare he touch him?

"You think you're so high and mighty, don't you?" Zayn says, a calm exterior taking over his previous anger. "But you're nothing but a coward." He says. "You know fine well if we weren't tied up, you'd be done for."

He gives us a nervous smile before leaving the room and slamming the door behind him.

"You rattled him." I say.

"Good. Fucking prick."

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." He says. Easier said than done.

"How are we going to get out of here?"

He sighs before answering, "how tight is the rope around your wrists?" He asks. I try to move my hands again and they don't budge.

"Too tight. How about yours?"

"Tight, but I think if I keep moving my hands I can get out." He says.

"You keep doing the same." He instructs, and so I do.

The door opens again and I freeze. I look up and Madge locks eyes with me. She doesn't say a word as she closes the door behind her and slumps down the wall across from me and lands on the floor.

"You hate me don't you?" She asks and I feel a massive urge to burst into laughter. Is she fucking serious?

I just ignore her because what am I supposed to say?