Chapter Twenty-Three

"I'll see you soon." I tell Madge as she hugs me tight, her musky perfume filling my nostrils.

"You have a good summer, sweetheart." She says.

"You too Madge." I smile. I wave at her as she heads for her car and I continue waving until her car has exited through the gates.

I'm standing in the car park waiting for Zayn to come out of the school. The sun is absolutely splitting the trees. There's not a cloud in the sky and I honestly could not ask for a better day to start the summer on. The pupils finished for the summer a few days ago so the car park is fairly empty now, with the exception of a few teachers.

As I lean back against the brick wall I spot Zayn exiting the school with his boiler suit rolled down and wrapped around his waist and my heart rate accelerates rapidly.

"Hey you." Zayn says brightly once he reaches me, kissing me and pulling me into a hug.

"Hi." I smile, voice slightly muffled as I cuddle into his chest.

"We should celebrate." He says.

"That it's summer?"

"Of course, what else?"

"I like your way of thinking." I tell him.

He takes my hand and we start walking through the car park to his car.

He turns the radio on and upbeat music fills the car. I'm extremely happy right now and the music only adds to the excitement simmering away inside of me.

"I'm taking you out tonight." Zayn says when we arrive at my house.

"Oh, are you now?"

"I am indeed. So go get your pretty little self ready and I'll be back to pick you up soon, okay?"

"Okay." I say, leaning over to kiss him before getting out of the car.

The first thing I do when I get into the house is put music on. With happy music blasting through the air, I grab a few towels from the hall cupboard and head for the shower.

I take my time exfoliating, washing and conditioning my hair and shaving my legs as I sing along to the music. I eventually turn off the shower and step out, wrapping a fluffy towel around me.

I just sit in my towel and relax for a while as I moisturise, do my nails and hair and put my makeup on.

I wait till the very last minute to put my clothes on as I'm wearing a white dress and I don't want to get it dirty. I put on my nude coloured heels and blazer before putting what I need into a small clutch bag. I grab my phone just as a car horn beeps outside. I quickly spray some perfume on myself and head out the door.

"You should wear white more often." Zayn says, holding the passenger door opened for me.

"Is that so?" I say, climbing into the car and putting my seatbelt on.

"Mhm. You look very...angelic."

"There's a first." I laugh.

"You look beautiful." He says, leaning over and kissing me on the cheek.

"So do you." I say back with a smile. That's an understatement. He just looks wow. I don't usually tend to find males beautiful but that's obviously because I'd never met Zayn.

He just smiles shyly back at me and turns the radio on.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"You like Mexican food, right?"