Emulate

(Thanks for all the comments and votes :))

The sound of a phone constantly ringing was going to drive Tay-Yun insane. He always shut his off at night, so he knew that it couldn't be causing it. His ring tone also wasn't the default one playing right then. 

When the song finally stopped for the hundredth time, and didn't repeat, Tay-Yun felt his heart finally begin to relax again. Only for the chime to return seconds before he was back to sleep.

"I'm going to break that damned thing." He growled as he sat up and looked around the dark room. It was far larger than any other area in the house and only became his bedroom because they had run out of them. 

No one else wanted the responsibility of keeping such a large room clean, either. He was a neat freak, so it didn't bother him, and it had its own bathroom attached, but he had wished that he'd been able to get a smaller space, if only to save time keeping it in order. 

Slipping out from underneath his blankets, Tay-Yun headed down to the small sitting area by the tucked in mini bar wearing a light pair of checkered blue pajama pants. He swiped the phone he found there from the coffee table. It had just stopped ringing when he picked it up, and to his surprise, didn't start again as he stared at it. 

There was a long list of missed calls, mostly from someone named Mr. Canzoni. He couldn't quite remember, but he thought that Sahn-Re had mentioned that name when talking to Fen-Won earlier in the day when he was trying to get Mimic's manager's number. 

The dots connected quickly once he'd allowed himself to wake up a bit more. "So, Sahn-Re had guessed correctly. Your manager is likely the one attacking you." Tay-Yun mumbled quietly as he dropped down onto the sofa behind him and scrolled through the full missed calls list. 

"Hm. This one isn't him, and it's pretty recent." 

He stopped on a different name in the sea of Mr. Canzoni's. "Ike?" 

Glancing over his shoulder at the small four foot wall that hid his bed from the rest of the room, Tay-Yun pursed his lips, then licked them as he stood up and walked around the sofa.

 Stopping by the foot of his bed after stepping up onto the raised platform, Tay-Yun looked back down at the phone, then up to Teller. 

"Teller?" 

When the kid lying in his bed didn't budge at all, he walked over and got back in on his own side. Stretching out his legs, Tay-Yun took one last glance at Teller before pushing the dial button for Ike, since it didn't require him to unlock the phone to do so. 

The call was picked up after three rings, but no one spoke. There was a lot of background noise, though he couldn't sift through it all to place any of it specifically. It sounded like they were possibly at a club or party of some sort. 

"Hello?" Tay-Yun questioned. 

There was no response for another few moments, but then all of the background noise suddenly got much quieter, as if the person had left the room. 

"Teller?" The other person finally responded. "Mr. Canzoni is going to kill you if you don't get back to the hotel." 

"Teller is asleep." Tay-Yun replied calmly. 

There was a pause on the other end, then a hesitant response. "Um, I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying. Who is this?" 

Tay-Yun sighed up at the ceiling as he leaned back against his stack of pillows. "My name is Tay-Yun." He said with a heavier accent than normal, as he was still quite tired from working most of the night.