Prologue

It was an important day in the Dark Moon Pack. The new Alpha, Daemon Morris, would be taking his rightful title. Everyone was buzzing with excitement, because today was deemed the day he will also announce whom his mate, and Luna, is to the pack.  

18 year old, Aylin Turner knew it would be her. Whenever she would speak to the Alpha, or be near him, her heart fluttered. His hand grazed hers one day, and sparks tingled all the way up her arm. That was the sure sign that he was her mate. Aylin was hoping Daemon felt the sparks as well. The sparks shook her very core, filling Aylin's soul with an overwhelming joy, and need to be close to him. There was no way in denying he is her mate.

It helped that he was quite the specimen. Standing at 6', shaggy brown hair, not quite as sculpted as most of the wolves in the pack, but his ever so slight 6 pack was emerging. Long hours of training hard with his warriors. He was always a ladies man, with unmated females always hanging around him. 

Aylin always felt threatened by them. As far as looks go, there was no way she could compete with them. They were almost super model fit, with the long locks, and slim legs. Not that Aylin was unattractive by any means, but she was not anywhere near their appearance. Standing at 4'11, her chestnut colored hair reached her mid back. Her curvy figure stood out against them.  Though she understood why he was so attracted to the other females. She hoped that once he knew who is mate was, that he would change his ways. Once an Alpha finds his mate, then he's supposed to be a changed man. He's supposed to love her, treat her as his equal, and they live together as Alpha and Luna of their pack. 

Everyone gathered at the stage in the backyard of the pack house. Aylin stood near the back, as it was, not many people stood near her anyway. When Daemon walked through the backdoor, her breath hitched seeing him. Her palms became sweaty, and her heart nearly thumped out of her chest. Crossing her arms in front of her, she bowed her head in submission when his gaze fell on her. With her super sensitive hearing, she could hear that he was sniffing the air. 

A low growl emitted from him, but he continued on his path to the stage. Aylin's mouth watered seeing what he was wearing. His dark skinny jeans which hugged his legs so nicely, a white dress shirt with the top two buttons unbuttoned showing off his partially sculpted chest, his dark brown hair messy, yet gelled carefully. He was flanked by his Beta, David and Delta, Jameson. People close in the back were shooting glares at her as Daemon was taking his place on the stage. They noticed he was staring at Aylin before advancing to the stage. 

Everyone started to clap in their Alpha's presence. 

"Good afternoon, everyone!"

"Good afternoon, Alpha!" everyone said, in unison. 

"Today, we are all gathered here for me to take my rightful place as Alpha of the Dark Moon Pack, and announce that I have found my mate, and my Luna!" 

Howls, and cheers erupted from the crowd. 

Aylin's heart started to thump in anticipation of the announcement. Was he going to announce that she was his mate? Bringing her hands up to her mouth, her eyes widened so large that she thought they were going to pop out of their sockets. 

"Pack members of Dark Moon, my mate and your Luna is--"

Here it comes. 

"Ophelia Wilson!"