Prologue

Song: Why do fools fall in love - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers

3RD P.O.V

Harry fixed his tie and cleared his throat as he got out of his Volkswagen. He made his way up his walkway and over to his front door. His wife swings the door open with a large smile on her face. "Hi, darling! How was work?" She reached over to take his briefcase from his hands. He glared at his wife, shrugging his arm away from her and walking past her.

"Is dinner ready, Darlene? Its 5:30." He stopped in his tracks and glared back at her. 

She closed the door, leaning her back against it as she stare down at the floor. "Yes, but the kids were hungry so I let them eat." Darlene mumbled nervously. As if her voice were to be stepping on glass.

He clenched his jaw, dropping his suitcase and storming in her direction. She flinched and put her hands up in defense. "I-I'm sorry, I couldn't let them just starve!" Darlene shut her eyes and cowered away.

Harry made a quick turn to the coat rack, taking off his coat and loosening his tie. Harry looked down at his belt and began to unbuckling it before tearing it off of his waist and bundling in half. 

Darlene looked over at him with pleading eyes. "N-Not again." She mumbled as tears filled her eyes, her tiny frame began to shake. Harry stared down at her with no mercy.

"Go to the bedroom and pray. Pray for you, the kids and I. You're gonna need it. You're gonna apologize to God every time this belt comes in contact with you, you should be ashamed for splitting our family up for dinner time. A time where we pray and spend quality time!" Harry grew closer to her as he growled in her face, trying to get her eyes to connect with his once she began to sob.

"No, p-" He cut off her pleads by grabbing a fistful of her hair and dragging her down the hallway as she screamed in pain.

Little Holly and Christian come out of their rooms to see the awful sight.

"Daddy! Put Mommy down!" Holly screamed loudly, beginning to cry.

Harry threw his wife into their room, closing and locking the door. He puts on a sorrow face as he turned around to his kids. He bent down to their height.

"Holly and Christian.." He began, cupping both of their faces with each of his hands.

"Mommy did a very bad thing, and God has sentenced me to punish her, Our Savior. We always listen to God, don't we?" He smiled softly.

Holly wiped her tears and smiled softly, "Yes, Daddy. Didn't God create doggies and kitties?"

Harry chuckled over his wife's sobbing in the other room. "Yes, baby. Very good. Now go back to your rooms and pray before bedtime, pray for Mommy too, okay?" He cooed.

"Yes, Daddy." Christian and Holly said in unison as they smiled.

"Good." Harry smiled back and kissed their heads and guided them to their rooms before peeking his head in and smiling innocently. "Goodnight." He shut off the lights and closed the door behind him.

He then huffed, threw on his evil face and scrunched up his sleeves.

"Darlene, baby, did you pray?" He spoke softly as he unlocked the door and charged in, slamming the door behind him, he stormed over to his helpless wife crying on the floor with his belt in his dominant hand.