XXV

~a week later~

Mariah shivered under her Dornish dress as the flame barely warmed. Naerys easily noticed turning to her with a delicate smile. "Should I have Aemon put another log into the fire?" She said loudly so her husband could hear her over his fustrated mumbling made by the work sprawled out before him.

Mariah nod, shivering as Aemon got up and picked a few longs as Naerys moved her chair back so the building of heat would not make her faint as she did her needle work of making a dragon for Jaehaerys. Aemon stood when he was done patting his hands and kissing Naerys head before he went back to work.

"How are you looking kingslanding?" Naerys said smiling. Mariah looked at her, feeling a bit warmer. "It's colder then Dorne."

"Obviously," Aemon grumbled and his wife threw a pillow weakly at him. "Forgive my husband for his rude grumbling," she said

Mariah shook it off. "My own father remarks so whenever too much work is put before him," Mariah giggled turning to see the prince of dragonstone. "You'll make a good king one day, my lord," she said. "And so will Daeron after you."

Aemon smiled. "You surely know how to flatter a man," he chuckled before going back to work.

Naerys took note of this, she always kept a close eye on women ever since the conflict with Daena. She continued her needle work as a servant brought them tea setting it down and warning them that it was hot before leaving. Aemon drank his immediately with being burned, and Mariah stared at him in surprise. "He is unburnt?" She looked at Naerys who smiled at her. It was a old trick that Aemon always did whenever he got the chance.

Naerys nod smiling as Aemon grinned and continued his work.

Naerys and Mariah sit and speak for a long evening with each other until Naerys grows suddenly tired and Aemon helps her into bed before escorting Mariah to her own chambers.

"Will lady Naerys be okay?" She rose a brow, Aemon looked worried. "I do hope, I will have the Maester check her," he said. "Hopefully if the seven are good there is nothing wrong."

Mariah nod and entered her chambers while Aemon went to find The Maester.

~~~

Aemon breaks into a sweat. "Pregnant?" The Maester nod checking Naerys again and nodding. "She's prove to be pregnant again."

Aemon looks at Naerys as she sleeps silently and peacefully. "Will it be safe," Aemon chattered with the Maester who explains she had a fifty, fifty chance. His eyes were wide, this child would be risky, like All their children this child would be riskiest.

"Thank you," Aemon said giving the Maester coin and sending his off, before he sat down and watched her at rest his head in his hands. He didn't know what to do, knowing the dangers, he wondered why she hadn't taken the moon teen like they'd promised after their twins were born.

He didn't cry, but he looked pained as his wife laid before him, and if they were not careful, she would be laying in the pyre.

(A/N: Holy shit that last sentence fucked me up and I'm the writer 😂😂😂)