-14-

- On The Next Morning -

Author's POV

Jimin stirs and groans when he heard his alarm ringing.

He blindly reached for his phone and turns off the alarm song.

He lazily sat up and stretched his body a little.

He zoned out a little and smiles to himself when he remembers the phone call with Jungkook the night before.

Jimin had been feeling uneasy after dropping Jungkook home, he actually almost drove to Jungkook's home and save him from his dad yesterday. But he decided against it and just called the younger one instead.

It was heartbreaking to hear Jungkook cry, but he's glad he was able to calm the younger a little bit and help him sleep.

Jimin also remembered when he called Jungkook sweet nicknames and smiled even more when he realized the younger doesn't mind the nicknames at all.

So Jimin stands up from the bed and went to shower with a smile on his face, getting excited at the thought of meeting Jungkook again today.

He showers, wore his uniform, styles his hair, and walks outside his room.

He took a cornflake cereal and milk from the fridge. He sat down at his table and starts eating it.

When eating, he got an idea. He wants to pick Jungkook up so they can go to school together.

He knows the younger's house is really near to the school, but he is sure Jungkook won't mind.

So Jimin reaches for his phone and finds Jungkook's contact.

I'm going to pick you up soon! Jimin texts simply, he doesn't wait for an answer and starts eating his cereal again.

When he finished eating, he brings the bowl to the sink and washes it quickly.

He heard a ding when he was putting the bowl on the dishes racks.

Jimin smiles and walks to the table, taking his phone and seeing a notification from Jungkook.

Hyung you don't have to! It would take me only 5 minutes to walk to school. The younger replied with a pouty face emoji in the end making Jimin chuckle.

I don't care Jungkook-ah, I want to pick you up. No buts!  Jimin replied and saw the younger typing  almost immediately.

Alright, fine. Jungkook replied and Jimin laughs a bit. He sent a heart and turns off his phone.

Jimin walks back to his room and puts all the school stuff he needs in his bag, he also picks up his favorite comic book. Not forgetting his promise yesterday to let Jungkook borrow his favorite comic. Then, he zips his bag and walks out of his room again.

He checks the time on his phone, 7.45 a.m.

He also checks his notification and smiles when he saw Jungkook send a heart back.

Jimin then turns his phone off and wore his socks and shoes. He wore his bag and puts his phone inside his pocket.

He then took his car keys and walked out of his apartment. He locks the door and went to the parking lot.

Jimin approached his car and went it, throwing his bag into the backseat. He wore the seatbelt and drove to Jungkook's house, glad that he still remembers the address.

.

Jungkook is now waiting for Jimin on his terrace. He's glad his dad is still sleeping meaning his mood wouldn't be ruined for the day. 

If his dad is awake earlier than him, he would order Jungkook around. Like preparing him breakfast, making him his black coffee, and many more. Thankfully, Jungkook woke up first most of the time, so he doesn't need to deal with his dad before school.

His fingers are tapping his backpack's straps impatiently, he hopes Jimin comes before his dad wakes up.

He was actually panicking when he got the text from Jimin, he literally bolted to the bathroom and showered so quickly. He also covered his bruises with concealer and quickly wore his socks and shoes. 

He grabbed an apple and munched it quickly. He then shoved all the books he need into his bag and ran outside to the terrace.

After around five minutes, Jungkook saw the familiar grey car approaching his house.

He smiles and walks to the gate.

He quickly went inside when the car stopped in front of him.

"Morning, Jungkook-ah!" Jimin greets, smiling widely.

Jungkook smiled back, "Morning, hyung! Thanks for picking me up, even though it's unnecessary." He teased making Jimin chuckle.

"Hey! Is it wrong if I want to pick up my precious Jungkookie?" Jimin teased back making the younger blush.

Jungkook slaps Jimin's shoulder shyly and mutters a little 'shut up'.

Jimin laughs a bit before asking Jungkook to wear the seatbelt.

So Jungkook obeyed and Jimin starts driving.

"How are you doing this morning? Everything okay?" Jimin asked with a concerned tone.

Jungkook looks at him and sighs, "I guess I'm okay now, now that I'm away from him and am with you." He said, smiling a bit.

Jimin cooed internally and smiles widely. He ruffles Jungkook's hair with his left hand and rests it on Jungkook's thigh.

"I'm here for you always Jungkook-ah." Jimin said, making Jungkook smiles wider.

"Thank you." He simply replied and interlocks their fingers again.

"Oh! By the way, I have brought my fave comic book. Want me to give it to you now?" Jimin asked, excited.

Jungkook giggles, "You can just lend me when we arrived at school hyung. Did you forget that you're driving right now?" Jungkook asked before giggling again.

Jimin laughs too, "Right, I'll give you when we arrive then." He said and Jungkook nods.

Soon, they arrived and Jimin parked his car.

Jimin lets go of Jungkook's hand and reached for his bag in the backseat.

He then opens it and took out the comic book.

"Here you go! This comic is not rally popular but I love the story so much. The title is 'Cowboy Ninja Viking' which is about people with multiple personality disorder. Go read it and tell me what you think." Jimin said, handing the comic book to Jungkook.

Jungkook accepts it happily, "Will do hyung! Thank you so much!" He said excitedly.

"You're welcome bun. Let's go inside now?" Jimin asked and Jungkook nods.

They walked out of the car and went inside the school.

To be continued...

A/N

I literally searched on google "Underrated comic books" for this chapter since I don't know anything about comics :")