3- Kurama

Dr. Reed glances at Sakura, only to gasp, almost dropping her. "What? What's wrong?!" Kushina asks, nursing her child. Minato went back to the Hokage office.

"Sakura's eyes... they flashed crimson."

"So? What does that mean?" She curiously asks.

"The last time her eyes turned that color, Suna was attacked." Dr. Reed says.

"So you think Konoha will be attacked?! We need to report this to Minato." She says, starting to stand.

"I'll tell him. You stay here." Dr. Reed says, quickly standing up. "Something bad is going to happen." He adds, quickly rushing to the Hokage office.

"Hokage-sama! Hokage-sama!" Dr. Reed says, bursting into the room, where Minato looks up from his paperwork.

"Yes?" He asks, looking up at the man.

"Something bad is going to happen... Sakura's eyes turned crimson..." Minato glances at the pinkette, whose eyes are indeed crimson. "And the last time her eyes turned, Suna was attacked and put under seige."

"I see... I'll increase security. Thank you." Minato says, nodding at the man, who turns to leave, yet still feels uneasy. He glances back at Minato, who has returned back to his paperwork, and walks back to Kushina and her son.

As he is walking back, a black ball of condensed chakra lands in front of him, blasting him and Sakura back into a wall. Dr. Reed clutches the child closely to his chest, trying to protect her. Another ball of chakra heads directly for the pair, and the doctor hugs the child of prophecy tighter to his chest, knowing that if that hits them, they are dead.

The pinkette's eyes turn white, and soon a white glow surrounds her body and forms a shield around the pair. The orb hits the shield and bounces off. The doctor can only stare in amazement, but reality suddenly hits him and he runs in the opposite direction, the child buried to his chest, eyes returning to normal.

He takes shelter in a flower store, and checks the infant's health. Upon realizing that she used up a lot of her chakra, the man's hands light up a faint green, as he uses what little medical ninjutsu he knows to give her some of his chakra. Although he is a civilian, he knows a little bit of medical ninjutsu for deadly situations like this.

"Sir?" A beautiful woman with long brown hair and brown eyes asks.

"Yes?" The doctor responds.

"Do you know what's going on?" The woman asks.

"Not necessarily."

"My husband... he was called, along with all the other ninja..."

"Oh. It must be something serious." Dr. Reed responds, the chakra from his palms disappearing as the child's reserves have been replenished.

She protected us, and she was only just born....

"Here, follow me." The woman says, offering him a hand. The man accepts and the pair walk down the hall. "I'm Haruna Yamanaka, by the way."

"Isao Reed."

"Haruna, your daughter-" A woman says, rushing to them. Dr. Reed gasps upon realizing that she is the nurse that gave him the bottle for Sakura.

"I'm coming, Mebuki." Haruna says, quickly following the woman, now known as Mebuki. Dr. Reed follows, and is surprised to see a very sick infant with tufts of blonde hair and blue eyes. "My poor Ino." She says as Mebuki wets a tiny cloth and puts it on her forehead.

"She's really sick; the doctors don't think that she will survive, but I do. That's why I asked for them to discharge her and leave her in my care." Mebuki says, and Dr. Reed nods in understanding. "You have a child of your own, don't you?" Mebuki asks, noticing the small bundle in his arms.

"Yes- well, kind of. It's a long story. Her name's Sakura." Isao responds.

"Sakura, that's a beautiful name." She responds, taking the baby from him. "Where's her mother? A child this young shouldn't be separated from her mother."

"She... her mother died protecting her." He responds, and both women gasp in shock.

"Poor thing..." Haruna mutters.

Suddenly, small chakra balls pelt the street, and Dr. Reed realizes that he need to get himself and Sakura to better shelter. "Is there a place we can all go? We're not safe here."

"There's an underground cellar below here, where we store our pots." Haruna responds, carefully picking up her daughter as the group follows. They descend stairs until they are in the cellar and consumed in darkness. They wait for a while.

~

"I know what I need to do..." Minato mutters, Kushina beside him and chaining the tailed beast while he looks at his son. I'm sorry, Naruto.

~

A man opens the cellar door. "Haruna, are you here?"

"Inoichi, is that you?"

"Yes." He says, and Haruna picks up her daughter, Mebuki and Dr. Reed following as they ascend.

"What happened, dear?"

"The Fourth and his wife have died protecting the village. The ninth tails is no longer a threat." Haruna gasps, covering her mouth with her hand.

"What'll we do now?" Mebuki asks.

"The elders have asked the Third to be Hokage again, but only temporarily until they find another person suitable for Hokage." Inoichi responds.

"I need to speak with him immediately." Dr. Reed says, glancing down at the bundle in his arms.

"I'll come with you." Mebuki offers, and the pair quickly head to the Hokage office, where they find an old man, picking up a picture on the desk.

"Lord Third, I have a pressing matter to discuss with you. The Fourth and I made arrangements, but..."

The Third puts his hand in the air. "I know. I've decided that you shall raise the child, here, as you come from the same village. However, I realize that you may need help with this task. Mebuki, you saved me the trouble from finding you. Please, help Dr. Reed take care of the child of prophecy." The woman's eyes widen upon hearing the last part, yet she nods in agreement.

"Hai."

Dr. Reed blushes, knowing that he will be working with this woman for a long time.

"Lets go, Isao." Mebuki says, and the man nods as the Third smiles.

~

Three years have passed, and Isao finally managed to get the courage to ask Mebuki out. In that time span, they also managed to get recently married. The pair changed their last name, for fear of being discovered by enemies. Isao took it one step further by changing his name completely. The pair are known as Kizashi and Mebuki Haruno, and their daughter, Sakura Haruno.