A Night Full of Stars - The One-Shot

9 PM

“Lay, I’m hungry! Would you please cook?” Luhan shouts at Lay, who by the time is watching Kai playing the video game he has just bought with Xiumin. Lay immediately gets up from the couch and walks to the kitchen, leaving his half-way eaten seaweed snacks. Luhan, upon seeing this, quickly grabs the food and munches on it. Even when the sound of the video game is quite deafening and loud, Luhan can still hear the voice of Lay shouting at him.

“Yah, don’t eat all of them! Leave some for me!” Luhan immediately walks to the kitchen.

“What are you cooking?” There is a rubric cube in Luhan's hand. He jumbles it up in a blink of an eye. Then, he solves it.

Glancing at his watch, Luhan cheers, “Yes, I’ve made it! It takes me only thirty seconds to solve the cube. This is a new record! I’m so going to treat myself after this. Hyung, let us go shopping, alright? I want to buy more hats, just like the koala one!” He continues playing.

Before Lay is able to say anything, they hear a loud yelling voice coming from the living room. “Yah Sniper, you win again! I give up.” Xiumin says to Kai. “Sehun, it’s now your turn to be defeated by the undefeatable!” Sticking out his tongue towards Xiumin, Sehun gladly takes the controller and joins in, not knowing that a few minutes later he will be losing the game.

Lay sighs. “What are you talking about, Luhan? You’ve just gone shopping yesterday! Are you up and about to spend your money again?”

“Aniyo. It is just to motivate me to do better in playing this cube.” He grins.

“Whatever you say, Luhan. So what do you want to eat?”

“Samgyeopsal ssam! I was wondering when you would ask that question.”

“If that is so, help me to take out the ingredients from the fridge. And don’t forget to take the rice!” Lay orders him, already starting to make salt and pepper dipping sauce.

Luhan pulls out a springy salute for Lay. “Alright, Captain!”

***

The dish is finally cooked and served. Everyone gathers at the dining table and eats. ChanYeol who is listening to music, drums his finger on the table.

“Please stop drumming your finger on the table, ChanYeol! Let us eat peacefully.” Baekhyun advises him.

“Mianhaeyo.” He immediately pulls out the earphone off his ears while he smiles shyly.

“Wow, this smells good! Thank you Lay hyung! I’ll be sure to enjoy it!” ChanYeol starts eating.

“Are you still learning to play instruments, ChanYeol?” Kai asks him.

“Yes, I still am. But I do not know how to play piano well. Lay hyung, can you please teach me how to play tomorrow?” He asks Lay; his eyes are full of hope.

Lay remains silent for a while to think. “I’m sorry, ChanYeol-ssi. I have a date tomorrow.”

Almost everyone shouts at once.“A date? What do you mean by that?” 

“Hyung, who is she? Does she love to do poetry?” Suho asks innocently.

“Can I go with you tomorrow, hyung?”D.O. asks, with food full in his mouth.

“I, too, want to have a date.” Chen complains.

Lay sighs, before he grins widely. “It is none other than our Visual, Luhan. He wants to go shopping.” Luhan smiles in embarrassment, his hand touching the back of his neck.