6. Pieces

A/N: Here is the sixth chapter of Breathe Me! Thank you so much to everyone who has responded to this story, I love hearing ya'll's opinions and seeing that other people are interested enough to follow and fave this story. Anyway, please enjoy :)

Kaname perched himself on the couch in the guest apartments his party had been given upon arrival with only Takuma and Senri for company as the others had decided to scour the castle and its grounds for excitement.

Seiren would be of course no trouble, and Ruka and Rima would be fine no doubt, but Aido and Kain... they were bound to get into trouble before they were set to retire for the day.

Kaname sipped a glass of wine as his thoughts drifted restlessly- Haruka and Juri would arrive soon- they were also prone to ditching their party in favor of solitary rides- and dawn would be upon them in little more than two hours.

The city was just about to go to bed as well- if only for a few hours to gather the strength to celebrate for his marriage with their princess.

A knock sounded at the door to the apartments and Seiren entered, her plain skirts billowing only slightly from the breeze coming in via the open window.

She approached him and bowed, "Kaname-ouji."

He nodded, "Seiren."

She came out of her bow and her eyes flitted over to Takuma and Senri, but he waved her on anyway.

"The castle is alive with heavy guards and the staff is abuzz with excitement. Their princess is supposed to come out of hiding tonight."

"Hiding? They put her in hiding?" Takuma breathed, his brows furrowed.

Kaname answered.

"The princess is under a curse that the Kiryu's believe Rido placed upon her at her Naming. They must have put her in hiding to try and ensure her safety."

Seiren nodded, "She is to arrive before dawn along with a few of the Kiryu's most trusted hunters."

"Their names?"

"Cross Kaien, Yagari Touga, and Yagari's apprentice."

He nodded, he knew those names.

"What connection do they have to the princess?"

Seiren shook her head, "I have not been able to discover it- but they are supposedly the ones to have retrieved the princess from where they had hidden her."

Kaname waved her on.

"I have mapped the castle's entrances and exits and the main tunnel that runs beneath- but it will take more time to explore for the other tunnels that branch off. I have yet to face the King and Queen but they have been out and about tonight with guards surrounding the both of them. They have been attending to details regarding the celebrations and the wedding."

"Where is the prince while this is going on?"

Seiren didn't blink, "He has been in his rooms in the northern spire. It is believed he is bed-bound with only his nurse to care for him and the princess' maid who has been preparing her room at the top of the spire."

Kaname sat up and downed the rest of the wine, "Where will the honeymoon chambers be?"

"In the west wing. Though I must note that the wing had been closed for three generations. Apparently the staff has been cleaning it for weeks in preparation."

He cocked a brow, "Why the west wing?"

Seiren glanced over at Takuma and Senri and the two took that as their leave.