The Virtuous Princess - part 4 - The Queen of Humanity

As the years wore on Prince Courageous and Princess Faith proved to be kind and just rulers. Working together they protected the kingdom the best they could, but the people still suffered under the shadow of the great dragon Deception.

But one glorious summer morning, a beautiful baby girl was born to the royal couple. And at her birth, she too was gifted a divine virtue by the three fairies, just as her mother had been before her. And the little princess, nurtured by her mother's faith and inspired by her father's courage, grew up into a beautiful and spirited woman.

She knew she was special. And like her father, she had the courage of a hundred men. When she finally came of age and ascended the throne, she was the one who took up her father's great sword, Valor, and rode out to the dragon's lair just as her father had before her, so many years ago.

When the great, old dragon saw her, he laughed at the young queen. "And who is this?" asked the enormous dragon, looking down his long snout at the young woman standing before him. "A little girl with a very big sword, come to slay the mighty dragon Deception?"

But the young queen smiled back at the great dragon, unperturbed. "I am the ruling queen of Humanity," she said, her green eyes blazing, "and I am not afraid of you."

The mighty dragon glared at her impertinence. Red and gold flames erupted from his nostrils. Dragon fire beat at her shield, but she remained unharmed.

"You have your mother's protection, I see," said the dragon, taking a step back, "but your heroics are useless, young one. You cannot kill me. The prophecy says that only my complete opposite can defeat me."

"I know," said the young queen, her father's sword flashing in her hand. "That's why I've come...to finish what my father started."

The dragon looked startled at her boldness but advanced on her. "You cannot vanquish me. There's no point in even trying. Go away, little one, before I kill you."

But the young queen was not afraid. With her father's sword of courage in one hand and her mother's shield of faith in the other, she stepped towards the great dragon Deception and raised her sword.

She then spoke the words which the three fairies who'd named her had taught her since birth. In a clear loud voice that resounded throughout the mighty dragon's lair she called out:

"In the name of Courage and Faith,

For the sake of the kingdom of Humanity,

By the power of the kingdom of Light,

I command you, Deception, evil dragon of darkness and falsehood to leave this land, now and forever."

She stepped closer, her father's sword and mother's shield her only protection. "For from this day forth, I sit upon the Diamond Throne, and my name...is Truth."

As she uttered those fated words, the great sword Valor lit up with a brilliant blue-white hue. Truth plunged her ancient sword into the black heart of the mighty dragon Deception.

With a terrible, strangled roar and an earth-shattering cry, the evil dragon erupted in a ball of red and gold flames. And so ended the terrifying reign of darkness, as the Lord of Falsehood was forever removed from the kingdom of Humanity.

Truth grew to become the greatest and most powerful ruler the world has ever known. She still rules over the kingdom of Humanity and always will.

THE END

**********

Dearest Readers, thank you so much for reading, I really hope you enjoyed the story.

Votes are much appreciated :)