Avian!Prussia x Reader (Pt. 1)

//Author's Note:
    This was inspired by this story: https://pitchblackrose.deviantart.com/art/Winged-German-Brothers-X-Reader-The-Birdmen-1-405139512
    It's pretty cool, but has a sad ending. Check it out of you dare.
End Author's note.//

    The humans finding out about our existence was a complete accident. We would have lived on in peace, unbeknownst to them, if it had not been for a careless mistake of on of the younger Avians.
    No one can really blame him; he was only curious, and he didn't mean for the humans to see him. But alas, he was seen, and the entire flock of us had to move and scatter our nests farther apart.
    We used to live in the mountains surrounding a valley, but now we live spread out, more as loners than as a flock. Some of us stayed together, usually the siblings or mates. Lovino and Feliciano stayed together, and Antonio hangs around them a lot to make sure they are safe. My brother, Ludwig, sometimes goes and checks on them as he and Feliciano care deeply for each other. My brother and I sometimes stay over at each other's nest and hunt together.
    It's definitely lonely without him, but I don't want him to know. I'm the elder sibling, I can't show weakness. It'd be a bad example for him.
But that doesn't always matter. I showed a lot of weakness the day he was almost caught. I had cried so hard, as I had thought I'd never see him again.
    None of that really matters right now, though. All that matters is finding a mate. But that's hard to do when all the females are either too young to breed and are heavily protected by an older sibling, or already paired.
    Oh, and murdering another male to steal his mate is an offense punishable by grounding. Grounding is where an Avian is cursed the inability to fly, typically dealing with damaging the wings in some way that they would never heal or be unable to support oneself in flight.
    But despite this, females are still a rarity to be born among us. No one really knows why, but it's quite frustrating, as it's near impossible for us males to get a mate.
    Which is exactly why I've decided I would take a human. It is a strange plan, and not even my own brother knows. Perhaps I'll tell him after I bring a girl home to my nest.
    Speaking of nests, I need to make mine presentable! I know human females love shiny things, so I'll just pick up some sparkly stones, tinsels, and any lost jewelry I can find. I also need to line my nest with some more grass and feathers, to make sure it's extra soft and inviting.
    And so with those goals in mind, I stand up with a stretch before heading towards the edge of my nest. I've built it in between two very large, sturdy trees on overlapping branches. I used mud any rope I found laying around to make sure it would stay in place during storms and could withstand the weight of several Avians.
    With a few beats of my wings to make sure they were ready for flight, I dived forward and let myself fall quite a ways before spreading my silvery wings and catching myself on an updraft, lifting high into the air and soaring away to look for items to present to my future mate.

    I had completely forgotten humans wear clothing. I mean, I guess we Avians do too, but humans wear so much more. Where as I only have on needed bottoms and occasionally something to cover my sensitive skin from the harsh sun, these humans have on extra clothing they don't even need.
    Shrugging, I continued my search of the females below me. I was perched high atop a skyscraper-like building, staring down at the passing humans far away on the ground. Avians have rather outstanding sight, and although our sense of smell is a considerable amount greater than humans, it still wasn't as amazing as our sight. As for our sense of hearing, it's about the same as humans. Our species focuses more on sight to hunt rather than sound or smell.
    Oh, there--! I was about ready to give up when I spotted a rather beautiful looking young adult female with (hair color) hair, wearing jeans and a shirt in (favorite color) with a picture of some other humans on it.
    I smiled to myself, rather pleased I managed to find such a lovely female, and so soon. I hope I don't accidentally eat her.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention--I'm a carnivore. I eat a few seeds or nuts here and there as a treat, but my main diet consists of small animals and rodents, sometimes fish. And on rare occasions, I'll eat humans; usually the ones that find my nest or see me by accident. I really don't need a bunch of scientists after me or my scattered flock.
    With an excited chirp, I swiftly fly over to the building she walks by, continueing to travel from rooftop to rooftop, following my precious little pre--mate. My precious little mate, not prey.