Russia x Reader: Flower Shop

Update Notes:

Fixed formatting

~

    Ivan worked at a small shop that sold all sorts of flowers. In exchange for getting flowers for free, he supplied the shop with sunflowers from the fields he planted around his large home in the countryside.

    Everyone who didn't know the tall Russian found him intimidating and scary; but to those who were regulars at the flower shop, they knew he was a very friendly and polite young man. Sure, he had his dark moments, and he could be pretty scary. But he never actually hurt any customer who was kind to him and the other workers.

    You had just moved to the small town of Nikolaevsk, Alaska* last week, and were wanting something to liven up your small little home. So, you decided to go to the local flower shop.

    When you stepped inside, you looked up as the little bell on the door jingled, alerting whoever was working of your entrance.

    Inhaling deeply, you smiled as all the smells of the differing flowers invaded, tickled and caressed your nose.

    "Hello, welcome to Linda's Flower Shop," said a deeply-accented voice. You jerked your head towards the counter to see a young but very tall platinum-blond man behind the register. He smiled and waved to you.

    You smiled shyly and waved back, a bit intimidated by the accent and obvious strength possessed by the man.

    "Any flower in particular you are searching for?" the man asked, leaning one elbow on the counter and resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

    "N-no," you replied. "I was just  looking for a few flowers to put up my new home."

    "I see," responded the man. He looked up to the ceiling and thought for a moment, then looked back down to you and said, "The sunflowers are very bright and cheery. They are my favorite. Also, I grew them myself, so they are well grown. Gardenias smell wonderful. Roses and tulips would look good planted in the yard along with some daisies. Carnations are like mini roses but smell stronger, and go nicely with baby's breath."

    "Wow," you whispered. "That's quite a bit to take in. Uh, what do your recommend for a table?"

    "Hmm, table? How about daisies or sunflowers?"

    "That sounds nice, thank you!" You smiled and went to the counter after picking a few cut white daisies and small sunflowers. Ivan slipped you one extra sunflower after looking over his shoulder, and you blushed with a mumbled "thanks" before taking your leave back home.

~

    It's been a week now, and all the flowers have died. You expected as much, though, since they were cut and placed in water rather than living in soil and growing.

    You had quite liked those flowers, and decided to buy some more. Secretly you hoped to find that same sweet, yet intimidating, man working.

    As you opened the shop door and the bell tinkled, you eagerly looked for the Russian man, and involuntarily grinned when you saw him watering a few of the potted tulips.

    Ivan looked over once he was finished, and smiled rather childishly.

    "Welcome back," he said. "Nice to see you again. What would you like today?"

    "Hmm, some more of what I had last week... Er, sunflowers and... Something?" You furrowed your brows and glared at the floor, frustrated and embarrassed you couldn't remember the name of the second flowers you were given.