The Decision

Standing here,upon this wall,i have to make The Very Important Decision of my life.On one side are my parents and on the other my dreams,the ones i had worked day and night for.Everything was going so fine for me untill i turned 19.It was when almost everyone in our family(to be precise here in the eastern world family includes everyone as far as he can relate to you in anyway) began to tell my parents that i had come of age and that if they further delayed my Rishta(acceptence of proposal as well as proposal),i would certainly grow old and so as per our social norms i wouldn't get the right rishta's again.And so just like all the other parents my parents began to worry about my marriage.Little did i know of all the schemes going on in our family.One day my father called me to his room,"Simr, i need to talk to you about something.",He said.
"Yes",I feared it was about the quarrel i had with my brother,Shamal, this morning.
"You know we have never forced you for anything. You have always been free to make your own decisions",He paused,"But today we have got to ask you for a favour........we want you to marry your uncle's son Samad. He is a very good and pious boy, and also highly educated with a well-paid job.He will keep you happy and Insha'a Allah will never let you feel dejected."
WHAT????My parents,who brought me up with extreme love and supported me in everything i ever wanted to do,were snatching away my right to choose my life partner.WAS IT REALLY HAPPENING???So I studied Management to manage someone's home and children and Why Samad bhai....they said that he was like a brother to me and that i should respect all my cousin brothers the way i treated my own brother.WHY WERE THEY DOING THIS TO ME??
They could have asked.I decided to talk this matter with my mother one last time,"Morjan! Baba said i were to marry Samad bhai?"I asked.
"Yes!"
"But Morjan! He is like a brother to me.I dread I will never accept him as a spouse.I am sorry! I can not marry him!"
"See Simr jaan!Being his only daughter, your father wants to keep you near him.He wants to see you happy with your family."
"But morjan! What about my dreams,you know i want to become a business-woman."
"Simr jaan,don't act like a child.You don't realize it now but you will thank us later." She said deciding my fate in a single sentence.
And just so everything happened without my consent for wedding.My Parents asked me about everything i wanted for jahez(dowry) but the only thing they never asked me was about my consent. And so i decided to run away from all that.My anxiety increased by seeing everything they were buying for me for my wedding. Today is my Mehndi(a wedding ritual) ,and i am ready with my plan of running away. Some chlothes and some money that's all i need.
I am standing on the wall,now all i have to do is jump,either back in home and get married,smashing my dreams or out trampling upon my parents' only wish.And so with the name of God i jumped outside.
"OH GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH AND PROTECT ME."I prayed

....Writers note: hope you guys like it❤