Chapter Eighteen

Kurt’s POV

*beep beep*

I groan as my phone beep a couple times telling me that I have new message. I look at  the clock and it’s 2 am. Yes I do sleep.. sometimes. But what kind of people who disturb someone from their sleep?. I grab my phone and there’s  a message from Riley. Well that’s weird, since he’s just a door away from me. I open the message and it says:

“ Hey sorry if I wake you up. But can you meet me at the kitchen now? It’s kind of emergency”

Feeling bad if I ignore it, I get up from my bed and walk lazily to the door and head to the kitchen. I found Riley standing in the kitchen holding a lighter.

“Hey what’s the emerg....whoa dude! Don’t burn this place!” he laugh and shake his head, well I should’ve known that he’s not that stupid to do that.

“shh. Keep your voice low! We don’t want to wake Vari up!” I shook my head, then my eyes catch a big box on the kitchen table

“what is that? It’s not a body part of your victim, is it? You’re not gonna make me help you bury it, right?” He almost burst out laughing after hearing what I said, but he managed to control it. It’s not like I’m joking or something, but he looks so.... I don’t know how to explain it.

“for a music genius and a math major, you are quiet funny, you should try to apply as comedian!.” He said while biting his lower lip to hold his laugh. He take a breath and straightened his face ” Pshh we’ll talk about that later. The point is, this is not a human part, this is a cake for Variana. It’s her birthday today and it’s kind of tradition of me waking her up in the middle of the night and bought her a cake. I’m about to bust in to her room, do you want to come along? ” he ask. I think about it. I never bust in to someone’s room other than Sam’s and this is a girl’s room we’re talking, but hey! Birthday only comes once a year, so.. why not. I nod my head as sign that I’m in.

“cool! Lets go!” Riley open the box, I saw a big round cake. Those cream and icing look amazing. He carry the cake until we were standing in front of Variana’s room. He ask me to light up the candle and open the door for him. As I open the door and walk in the room, we found Variana sleeping like a baby, she didn’t make a move. Her face look so calm, just like the last time I saw her sleeping on the couch.

As we were closer to her bed, she move a little, I look at Riley about to ask him how we’re gonna wake her up. But before I could say a thing, Riley screaming Variana’s name on the top of his lungs. Sure it worked, Variana is up in shock, I bet some of my neigbours too. She almost scream but shut her mouth when she see us and the big cake. She smile at both of us, then Riley started to sing her ‘happy Birthday’ and of course I follow him. She was so happy, I can see it in her sparkling eyes. 

As the song come to an end. Riley tell her to make a wish, and she did. She closed her eyes and keep closing it for a couple second, she opened her eyes and blowed the candles off and smiled at us. After that the three of us walked to the kitchen, I opened one of the drawers and I find the cake knife and hand it to Variana. Then she cut the cake, put it in a plate and look at both Riley and I, for some people, first slice of a birthday cake is important, but then she smile and eat the first slice of her cake. It’s not a big deal for me, but apparently it is for Riley, he frown. And that’s where all the mess begin.

  ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Variana’s POV

“VARIANA!!“

 I almost jump and scream as someone screamed for my name. I thought there was an earthquake or something, but as my vision get clear, I can see Riley’s grin from ear to ear, looking very amuse seeing me almost having a heart attack like that. Kurt was also in the room looking almost as shocked as I am. I bet he never met someone who was crazy enough to scream on the top of his lungs and almost wake up the entire building. But then my eyes catch the light from a candle that was placed  in the top of a beautiful big round cake. Then I remember that it was my birthday! No wonder Riley did something like that.