Chapter One - Devil's Snare

Juliana's POV

     It's 11:30 p.m and daddy still isn't home yet. He did once tell me that he has to work and take care of our business. After all, he is the head of the ministry, but I miss him. There is this emptiness in my heart that tingles around my body when he's not around.

     I snapped out of my thoughts and continued reading my book, sitting near the window, feeling the wind hitting my skin; it was soothing and reminded me of the freedom I never had. Running around the grass, getting to breathe in the fresh air perfused with the sweet scents from flowers and the sound of the flock of birds tweeting to beatific melodies.

      Then suddenly, my grandfather, Lucius Malfoy barged into the room into the room with a displeased look on his face. I know for a fact that he doesn't like me since I was well...a girl; according to him, I put the Malfoy's name in a 'disgrace'. There hasn't been a young girl carrying the Malloy name in centuries. Grandpapa was all about the bloodline and the pureness of our blood. Why did it mattered so much to him? After all, blood is just a liquid that runs along our veins, keeping us alive. There was no difference in being pure or not. Why can't he just love me and give me those cookies he gives Scorpious?

       "What are you doing up so late, young child?" he slowly questioned and raised one of his eyebrow. He petrified me. The coldness in his voice sent shivers churning through my spine. But I had to act normal, for daddy and Scorpious at least. They're all I've ever asked for and all I'll ever need.

"I'm waiting for daddy to come home and read me a bedtime story," I smiled.

"Your father is most likely to come home at midnight," and he continued, "SO CLOSE THAT BOOK OF YOURS AND GO TO BED!"

        I quickly closed my book; Hogwarts: A History, a rather enormous book that I enjoy reading and quickly ran to my bed as fast as I could. He huffed "Stupid, inadequate child" and closed the door with a loud bang. Tears started to prickle down my cheek and I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

      I often deal with this everyday. Daddy comes home late, Scorpius is busy being praised by grandpapa though I know he cares about me and tries to include me, and mum died eight years ago, on January 8, 2008.

After a while, I finally drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Hey guys, so this is my new story. I really hope you like this story since I can pretty much relate to it. Please leave a comment on what you think about this, please! Alright, hope you all have a great day and feel free to leave a message! Love you 💙