Thunder

Izuku can do this. It'll be fine. So what if there's a thunderstorm on it's way and he's been terrified of them since he was a child? He can hide this from his fiance. Yeah he can definitely keep this embarrassing secret that he's kept hidden from everyone who isn't his mother from Katsuki.

"Piece of cake."  He thinks to himself as the raindrops falling on their roof start to come down heavier.

Izuku knows Katsuki is suspicious from how he keeps watching him like a hawk. It's clear the other is certain something is up with him. Katsuki became aware that Izuku was acting off right when he accidentally dropped a pot onto the tiled floor of their kitchen with a crash, causing Izuku to nearly jump out of his skin.
Now normally, Katsuki wouldn't think anything of it. He would have called Izuku a dumbass and moved on, but the look of pure terror on Izuku's face made him question what is really going on.

Izuku now sits cross legged, knotted in the blankets on their king sized bed. He told Katsuki he was taking a nap. It was literally the only way to stop Katsuki from "casually" following him room to room. He did tuck Izuku in and leave a lingering kiss on his forehead though.

Izuku takes in the robin's egg blue walls of their room, his fingers tangling themselves in the creme sheets as the sky slowly starts to growl like an angry lion.

"This is fine. This is fine. This is fine." Izuku repeats in his head over and over as fear fills his body, tears springing to Izuku's forest green eyes.

The first clap of thunder shakes through Izuku like screen door in a hurricane. He manages to keep the shriek bubbling in his throat from coming out which gives him a small boost of confidence. A few minutes later though, the storm decides to take that confidence and tear it to shreds by making the loudest clap of thunder he's ever heard in his entire 25 years.

Izuku let's out a blood curdling scream and falls to the floor, blankets following his descent. He skitters under the bed, folded in on himself. The door explodes off it's hinges (This is the third time this has happened. The Home Depot workers are so done with them) and Katsuki's screaming fills the air.

"DEKU, WHAT THE FUCK!? ARE YOU OKAY!? SHIT IZUKU, WHERE ARE YOU!?"

Izuku wanted to respond but his throat was too tight as if his anxiety was choking him. As there's another loud clap of thunder, a strangled cry slips passed his lips.

After some loud stomping around as he searches for Izuku, Katsuki finds him under the bed and stares at him, the frustration on his face falling away into something slightly less sever. Izuku starts to reach out to his fiance, but Katsuki turns away and marches out of the room.

Izuku rests his head on the carpet. Katsuki must be disappointed in him. This fear is so childish yet here he is, a grown adult and a pro hero, panicking about some thunder. Tears of frustration and stupid, stupid fear fall down his freckled cheeks. While Izuku mentally berates himself between his shrieks from the loud clashing of the thunder, he hears Katsuki stomping around probably still angry at him.

Suddenly, his fiance reenters the room and a bag of his favorite cookies hits him square in the face. Pushing the treat aside, he tries to speak.

"Listen Ka-" Izuku doesn't get to finish as more snacks and then their cat smack him in the face.

"Kacchan-!"

Izuku hears Katsuki's footsteps exit the room. Their blond tabby cat, Toshinori, worms himself under Izuku's arm as he tries to figure out what his fiance is doing.

"Couldn't forget Godzilla!"

Suddenly all Izuku can feel, sense, and taste is their chocolate brown and white Siberian husky's fur. Godzilla settles herself in a comfortable position above Izuku and starts to take a nap. Katsuki's walks around the other side of the bed and crawls under.

"Ka-" Katsuki slaps a hand over his mouth.

"Deku, what the fuck? Why didn't you just tell tell me you don't like thunder?" Katsuki asks, his voice purposefully quiet.

He removes his palm from Izuku's mouth and instead uses it to tug Izuku closer. Izuku buries his face in Katsuki's chest to hide his tears which is pointless since he was already crying when Katsuki came under their bed.

"I-It's just so dumb and embarrassing a-and to be honest, I-I thought you were going to l-laugh at me or think I'm s-stupid."

A loud clap of thunder sounds and Katsuki holds Izuku tighter as he shakes like he's frozen to the bone. Izuku stares at the emerald encrusted engagement ring around his finger.

Katsuki can be rude and insensitive at times, but Izuku knows in his heart that he wouldn't do the things he said. He feels his fiance pepper his head with soft kisses. After a few moments, Katsuki speaks.

"Izuku, I know I'm an asshole." He senses Izuku about to protest so he speaks a little louder.

"No really I am an asshole, but I like to think I've changed over the years through self discovery and our friends and through you."

Izuku peeks up from his chest to look at Katsuki.

"If you're ever afraid or something's scaring you, don't hesitate to tell me." Katsuki tells him and Izuku smiles.

"I'll kick it's ass." Katsuki continues, causing Izuku to snort and more love than he thought possible to fill his heart.

"Kacchan, you can't beat up the weather." Izuku replies.

"Watch me." Katsuki says, starting to get up. Izuku wraps his arms and a leg around him, keeping him down.

"Noooo! Stay with me." Izuku whines, gripping him tightly while feeling Katsuki's lips press soft kisses to his right collarbone.

"I'll always stay with you." Is whispered so quietly that Izuku questions if Katsuki even spoke or if he just imagined it.

Calloused fingers stroke Izuku's cheek for a moment before Katsuki brings Izuku into a kiss. A kiss that Izuku promptly screws up by biting Katsuki's lip because another clap of thunder startled him. He pulls away when he instantly tastes the blood.

"Oh Kacchan, I'm so sorry!" Izuku apologizes while dabbing his long sleeve against Katsuki's bleeding mouth.

"Ow fuck, stop!" Katsuki whisper shouts, trying to get away from his lover's clothed hand.

"But you're bleeding!" Izuku counters, still trying to get at his fiance's face as the other tries to lean away.

"It hurts! Stop, dumbass!" Katsuki replies, now holding Izuku at arms length.

"Be a man, Kacchan!"

As soon as that sentence is said, nature decides to let out another big one causing Izuku to shriek so high pitched you would think it was a little girl. Izuku squirms out of Katsuki's hold and back into his chest.

Izuku feels Katsuki's body shake with repressed laughter. He knows Katsuki is trying his best not to bust out laughing but he still let's out an embarrassed "Kaaaaccchhhaaaaannnn."

Katsuki runs his fingers through Izuku's sea of curls.

"Shh, Deku. Just try to relax."

Izuku opens his mouth to say that there's no way he can be calm during a storm, but Katsuki's fingers combing through his hair start to turn his bones into jelly. He snuggles impossibly closer to Katsuki's, savoring the contact.

This by no means cures Izuku's fear, but it's just a little more bearable with Katsuki here. A wonderful thought strikes Izuku as he takes one last look at the ring around his finger. He'll always have Katsuki here. To him, the fact that Katsuki wants to be here is down right amazing.

Knowing in a few months he'll get to call the man holding him like he's the most precious thing in the world his husband makes the darkness of the thunderstorm brighter.

Thanks for reading.

Beck