Smoke Rings and Shooting Stars

Back again with another drabble. Just a little quirkless college au that I whipped up. Hope you like it! Also please bear with me as I go through this phase of just writing drabbles. It's all I can produce at the moment.

Izuku couldn’t tell you for sure what got him here, sitting with his crush and friend(?), under the stars by the lake, beer in hand and smoking something he shouldn’t.  

All he knows is that he’s here and he’s happy and relaxed for the first time in almost two weeks. Exams had been kicking his ass. University isn’t easy.

Izuku supposes that the simple answer of how he got here was because Bakugou Katsuki asked him to be here.  

Izuku takes another drag of the blunt before passing it to Katsuki, holding the smoke in his lungs as he stares up at the sky. A thought hits him. He exhales slowly before speaking.

“Hey Kacchan? If you were born deaf, what language would you think in?” Izuku asks and Katsuki burst out laughing.  Izuku absolutely loves the sound.

“Holy shit Deku. How high are you?” Katsuki questions before taking a hit and the blunt is back in Izuku’s possession.

“Like five seven.” He replies and he can hear Katsuki struggling not to laugh.

Izuku puts the blunt to his lips and inhales deeply.

“I don’t know Deku like...would they just visualize sign language? Damn it now you got me fucked up.” Izuku snorts, letting out some of the smoke.

“I think...woah Kacchan I don’t know what I think anymore.”

Katsuki looks at him with a smirk and makes a few smoke rings before replying.  

“Then don’t think. Just feel for once.”

Izuku leans further into the tree he was propped up against, taking a few sips from his beer as he watches a shooting star trail across the night sky.

Just feel? He knows what his feelings are telling him to do. The real question is should he listen to his heart.

When Katsuki turns to look at him, glowing in the light of the moon and looking like he belongs with the stars, Izuku’s body just seems to move without his consent. He surges forward and connects his lips to Katsuki’s.

Katsuki lets out a noise of surprise but he isn’t pushing him away, no, he’s tugging Izuku closer. Izuku ends up in Katsuki’s lap with his fingers tangled in soft blonde spikes. Izuku feels like his heart is on fire with fireworks exploding under the skin where Katsuki’s hands touch.

They eventually pull apart and they stare at each other like they’re seeing the other person for the first time.  

“Fuck Deku. Shoulda told you to just feel ages ago.” Katsuki says, breaking the silence and Izuku just laughs before pressing another kiss to his lips.

Thanks for reading,
Beck