« 000 »

A loud roar of thunder echoed in the dark and stormy night.

The sky was blank, no star in sight.

The thumping of her heart grew louder, almost louder than the sounds of the thunderstorm merely a wall away.

Excitement filled her senses, her body moving on its own to sit down on her window still.

Thunder roars once again, louder if possible.

Most people would curl up beneath their covers at times like this. Not for Amaha Setsurei, however.

Her face stuck to the glass window. The cold outside fighting against the warm which came from her blanket, which she wrapped against herself.

She sighed deeply forming a small fog of moisture on the glass.

Her mind went on to different thoughts, one however was different from the others. Her brother - Daiki Setsurei, was in his last year of junior high. Which would only mean one thing: She would be left alone for a whole year to finish junior high.

Of course, this wasn't the first time this kind of incident had happened, her brother was in 6th year moving up to 7th this event had also appeared.

Of course that was not unexpected, it was their first few years being forced to become independent by their parents.

It has been a few years since then, which caused her memories to be a little blurry and not completely true.

She trusted her brother for filing the missing memories, however.

A few moments later she was escaped out of her thoughts with a sudden jolt.

The ringing of the annoying sound which they called their doorbell echoed throughout the medium-sized apartment.

Another set of the annoying ringing was all it took to make her stand up with a click of her tongue.

She left her room, the blankets still draped over her rather frail form.

Walking down the hallway was a task she didn't want to do at this hour, however, just as she began to slow down even just a little the ringing of the doorbell would annoy her more and more.

She stood in front of the door which lead to the world outside her comfort zone. She sighed just as she moved to curl her hands around the steel door knob.

The person behind the door did not seem surprised to see her rather annoyed expression, but instead breath a sigh of relief as he ruffled his dark blond hair lightly.

"I didn't think you would be awake at this hour." He mocked. "Well, if you couldn't see, I'm right here in front of you." She retorted, muttering a small "Stupid." Just under her breath.

The blond paid no attention to it, as he went inside dropping his bag to the side of the couch as he plopped himself down on the leather material.

She sighed for what she felt was the hundred time this day, as she locked the door and slid in the chain.

Her body moved lazily, sitting next to the person she had been with most of her life.

"You do know it's almost exams, right?" She questioned her brother. He hummed in response, his eyes still stuck on the t.v. which was playing a movie starring a girl with brown hair and golden eyes.

"You'd be leaving me again" she breathed out, hating the way her voice wavered. He sighed as he looked at her, a wry smile plastered on his face.

"Geeze, this is happening again isn't it?" He questioned, mostly to himself. "Don't be too worried, you'll still have Emeri with you, Wouldn't you?." She nodded. "I guess."

His arms which was above his head now moved to his side, his hands moving to hold the grey remote - closing the t.v.

"If you cry, I won't bring you cake on graduation." He smirked as he saw the expression of sadness starting to form on her face. At those words, however, she pulled her arms up, wiping the none existent tears.

"I'm not crying." She said.

"Whatever you say," he laughed. "Just remember, It's not like I would be leaving the country or anything, I'd still be here when you go back from school."

She huffed but inwardly agreed.

Moments later a yawn both escaped their mouths at the same time, which caused them to look at each other and laugh.

"Well, well, well," he started, looking at the clock then looking at her. "Would you look at the time, It's time for bed!" He exclaimed.

Amaha pouted but pulled herself up none the least.

It felt unfair for her that he would make her go sleep this early and he would stay up and watch the late shows he claims to be "Much better than afternoon dramas".

It was only 10 pm for crying out loud!

Her feet lead her to the hallway, just a few rooms to her own.

She walked down these halls everyday, so she didn't need to really put much thought in walking back to her room.

Her room wasn't all that big.
-A blue bed which was placed on the left just next to the window still she sat on earlier, multiple paintings and pictures stood proudly on the wall in front of it, a desk next to the bed small shelves filled with books and novels held in it, in front of the desk was her so called prized possessions, a small cabinet filled with her games, controllers, and chargers.-

She took a running start to her bed. Plopping down face first as the world of consciousness lost from her grip.

And, just like deja vu, her hand reached up to it, however, it was too quick to leave from her grasp.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ideas come and go for me, and If I lose it then I'm screwed.

I have been planning to write this for quite a while so here we go~ I may or may not be able to update at least once or twice a week. But, it depends whether or not I have time.

;) -len

Word count : 1007