Prologue

A s h t o n

5 Y e a r s A g o

I sat down at the island in our kitchen, my curious eyes catching a black shirt peered over in our fridge. The boy stood back up, holding a carton of orange juice and a glass. He poured the juice as I watched in confusion. He finally placed our juice back into the fridge and turned around, immediately dropping the glass onto the floor in fright. "Woah," He exclaimed, flinching at the loud sound the glass made.

I stared at his face in bewilderment. The guy was absolutely gorgeous. His blue eyes were bright as I've ever seen. I stared at him for another few seconds before looking away as my eyes met his glance. I felt my cheeks warm at the fact I was caught checking a guy out. "I'm Luke." He smiled cheekily. I felt like I had hands around my throat, restricting me from talking, so I just gazed at the floor in embarrassment.

"Luke!" I heard my brother call, making me snap my head back up, seeing my brother Kai standing in the doorway. He snorted when he saw my bright cheeks, looking down at the broken glass. "What happened?" He asked before turning to me with concern. "Ash, you alright?" He cupped my cheeks in concern as I huffed slightly, pushing his hands away.

I finally found my voice again as I spoke to Kai. "'M f-fine." I almost whispered, embarrassed by my own voice because of my stuttering problem. I looked away and hopped down from the stool, almost loosing my balance but quickly regaining it. I walked over to my room, as fast as my legs would carry me. I had embarrassed myself in front of Kai's new friend. What if he never hung out with my brother again because I was weird?

I immediately felt bad for not speaking when Luke had spoken to me. I sat down on my bed and turned my radio on, trying to sing the lyrics. My voice sounded somewhat bad, but I ignored it. Music was the only way I could stop my stutter. When I sang, my words strung out perfectly. I knew I had a somewhat talent with music, since I had been very good at drums at one time. I turned my music off, hearing Luke and Kai talking in the next room.

"So, you met my brother?" I heard Kai, he sounded upset that I had met his new friend. "Just.." He stopped for a moment before continuing. "Don't think I'm a freak because he is." His words struck me like a hundred bullets. I knew Kai didn't favor me, but he sounded like he was disappointed to share the same DNA as me. I picked up my phone as huge globs of water filled my eyes. It stung to know how my brother was ashamed of me.

I quickly texted my best friend, Michael, asking if I could come over. He allowed it so I tugged on my jacket and sniffled. I felt the droplets of water pouring down my cheeks and I headed for the front door. "Ash? Where are you going?" Kai called out, making the tears drip down my face more.

I ignored him and walked out of the door, starting down the driveway. I heard the door shut again and soon felt hands on my arms. "Ashton." He spoke and turned me around to face him. "Hey, why are you crying?" I desperately tried to pull my arm away but he held it firmly.

I whined a little, more water threatening to pour from my eyes. "L-let go. I-I'm just a f-freak an-anyway!" I whined, finally getting my arm away from his hold as I stared at the ground. He didn't speak for a few minutes before starting to explain, but I shook my head. "B-bye. G-going to M-Michaels." I mumbled, walking to the sidewalk before starting the short walk to get to Michael's.

--

When I got home, Luke was sitting on the couch, so I held my head down as I walked past him, trying to silent, but he heard me and called out my name. "Ashton." He sounded excited to see me, but I brushed that ridiculous thought off. I faced him, ashamed because my eyes were stained with all the tears I've been shedding. "Are you okay?" He asked, gently tracing his thumb over my tear stained cheeks. I shuddered a little, looking up at the blonde.

He smiled down at me, tracing his thumb gently over my lips. I tried not to gasp because the only person who ever did that was Michael, and he said it was something that led to what we do. I stared at him with wide eyes, as he began leaning into me. "You're so, so pretty baby boy." He whispered as our lips brushed against one anothers. I heard a door slam and we jumped apart, as I looked over at Kai. As soon as his eyes met mine, they softened. I quickly looked away before mumbling, "I-I'm staying at M-Michaels." before rushing to my room to get my clothes.