Chapter Nine

A s h t o n

I held in the tears as my plane landed. Kai texted me saying Luke completely broke down and raced to the airport. He came after me?

I shook the thoughts from my head as a little voice in my head reminded me of reality.

He doesn't love you, Ashton. He loves her.

I shook Luke from my thoughts, well tried. I felt my body shudder as I saw London in the glimpse of the clouds. I had a car ride to Cheshire before I even thought about if I should go to her house or just live on my own in the small town.

I sighed, knowing that's why I came here. Plus I was a minor, no one would give me a hotel room without an ID that showed you were eighteen. I was basically fucked either way.

I let out a shaky breath as I exited the plane. Being fully honest, I was more than excited. I was finally going to meet my real mum. The one who birthed me and who got ripped away from me while I was a baby.

I waved down a taxi, placing my suitcase in the trunk. I took another deep breath as I told him the address. I felt more than nervous to meet her. What was I going to say. 'Hey, I don't know if you remember me but I'm the kid your brother stole and I came here to be with you. I'm Ashton.'

This whole idea was crazy, but it needed to be done. Of course I would be back to Sydney to see Kai.

I would eventually talk to my... uncle and aunt. Just not anytime soon. I was angry, and betrayed beyond anything.

Time didn't seem to be on my side as the driver announced we were here. I gave him the money I owed, before getting my suitcase out. There was a bed and breakfast down the road where I could run to if things went bad.

I took a shaky breath as I began walking towards the front door. I stared at the wooden door that separated me from my birth mother, making me completely filled with anxiety.

I closed my eyes, trying to stabilize my breathing before bringing my hand up and knocking on the door.

A few seconds later, a girl who looked slightly younger than me answered the door, confused. "Mom, I think it might be for you!" She yelled, clearly confused why a boy had shown up at the door, someone she didn't know.

A lady could be heard scrambling to the door. She stared at her daughter, smiling. "Who's at the— oh my God!"

As soon as her eyes landed on me, she brought her hand up to her mouth, tears in her hazel eyes. I looked at her properly, as my own eyes filled with tears. I saw myself in her so much.

She shakily brought her hand back down, looking at me. "A—Ashton?"

As soon as I nodded, she stepped forward, throwing her arms around me in glee. She began sobbing on my shoulder as her daughter—my sister watched in confusion.

She laughed a little pulling back and cupped my cheeks, tears still streaming down her rosy cheeks. My heart felt like it was doing a happy dance.

She shook her head and opened the door wider. "Get in here, come on come on." She practically yanked me inside before attacking me into yet another hug.

The girl who's name I still did not know stared in utter confusion.  I didn't blame her at all, she had a random boy in her home, not having an idea who I was. 

"Oh crap! Lauren this is Ashton, this is your older brother. Harry!" She then yelled and Laurens eyes filled with tears as her confusion turned to pure hatred.

"So, you're the reason mom is like she is? I can't believe she still wants you around." The girl spat at me and my mom began to scold her.

"He didn't leave Lauren," She snapped at the younger teen. "He was taken by your evil uncle." She sighed and once again, pulled me into her arms.