Chapter 7

"Alright," Leo began as we all walked towards the forest. "Capture the flag is pretty simple. You've got to-"

"Leo, we know how to play Capture the flag." I pointed out.

"Well the blondie's been dead for who knows how long and as far as I know Reyna has never played this before." Leo replied with a meek grin.

"You think I've lived under a rock?" Reyna asked, folding her arms. "I know how to play Capture the flag, Valdez."

Leo raised his hands defensively. "Alright, alright, I was just checking. How about you, blondie?"

"Easy peasy." Luke said, giving Leo a thumbs up.

"Cool! That means I don't have to explain anything! Which is good, because I barely know how to play myself. Let's go!" Leo skipped ahead.

Luke blinked and looked at us. "Should I be concerned?"

Reyna, Thalia and I all looked at each other. "He'll be fine." We said together.

The four of us walked after Leo.

"What positions are we in?" Reyna asked once we entered the forest.

Leo shrugged. "Wherever you want. When the Athena cabin isn't on our side, we have more freedom. Have fun!"

Suddenly, we heard Chiron call, "Ready?"

"Let's kill people!" Thalia jumped up and down.

"No killing or maiming." Luke reminded her, making her scowl.

"Set? Go!"

We all ran in separate directions.

Well, not all of us.

"Luke, why are you following me?"

Luke skipped happily behind me. "Can't we go on a peaceful walk in the forest together, or is that just not your thing?"

"This is Capture the Flag." I pointed out. "If you don't shut up we're going to get caught."

Luke pouted. "Please Perce?"

"Please what?"

"Quick makeout session?"

I jumped and spun around to give him a stern glare. "If we win this, you get one. Deal?"

Luke huffed. "Fine. Now let's get that flag so we can make out."

We both ran through the forest, when suddenly we ran into a familiar blonde.

Annabeth gripped her knife tightly, looking between the two of us cautiously.

"Lovely weather we're having." Luke was the first to speak, making us both look at him in exasperation.

Suddenly, a scream came from nearby.

"Who's that?" Luke frowned.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME AND LET ME GO SO I CAN BURN YOU TO A FUCKING CRISP!"

I gave Luke a look. "You really had to ask?"

Luke raised his hands defensively. "I didn't hear the second part!"

We both turned to look at Annabeth.

"Stay here." I ordered before dashing towards the sound of Thalia's annoyed yells, Luke right behind me.

We finally reached her to be greeted with quite a sight.

Thalia was tied tightly to a tree with vines, screaming profanities at a tree nymph standing across from her, smirking.