Chapter 14

*Zoë's POV*

I was walking through the forest, when I heard a noise behind me.

I spun around and held my hunting knife up to their neck.

Leo blinked and stared down at it. "That's not a greeting I'm used to."

I hesitated and slowly lowered my knife. "What are you doing out here? Should you not be among the other campers?"

"I'm bored. What about you? I thought you'd be doing that fancy saving the world thing." Leo mused.

"I would prefer not to."

"You'd prefer not to...save the world?" Leo tilted his head. "Why?"

"Because I have been dead for over 3 years, dying again isn't exactly what I would like after coming back to life again."

"I wholeheartedly agree, dying sucks."

I eyed him warily. "Are you meant to be dead?"

"Kind of? I died but I came back to life so...I guess so." He shrugged.

"Interesting. How did that happen?" I slowly sat on a fallen tree.

Leo imitated an explosion with his hands.

"Ah."

"So how did you die?" Leo sat next to me and crossed his legs.

"Ladon bit me." I sighed as I looked up at the sky, where the sun was beginning to set.

"I would say that's kinky, but..."

"Ladon is a dragon, fire elf."

Leo grinned. "Fire elf. I haven't heard that one before. Killed by a dragon, huh. I was revived by a dragon, that's pretty ironic."

"Yes."

There was an awkward silence for a few moments, before Leo spoke up. "Wanna go to dinner?"

I glared at him. "I may not be a Hunter anymore, but I have still sworn off males."

"Nonono, that's not what I meant." Leo tried to backtrack. "I meant go to dinner at the pavilion?"

"Ah, yes. That would make more sense. Let us go."

*Percy's POV*

That night, when I fell asleep with Luke in my arms, I had a dream.

A black haired, pale woman was storming through a corridor, looking angry.

A blonde, tanned woman was chasing after her.

"Please, babe, you need to stop this!" The blonde girl pleaded.

The black haired girl huffed and spun around. "And why in Tartarus should I?"

"Because this isn't what I want! Trying to impress me by destroying everything is not the way to go!"

"I'm the goddess of strife and discord, what else am I meant to do to court you?" The black haired girl folded her arms.

"Buy me a puppy!?" The blonde shrieked.

The black haired girl rolled her eyes.

The blonde sighed and massaged her temples. "Please, if this war begins it will continue to hurt me, I might even fade."

"I'll make sure it won't hurt you. As soon as all the pesky humans are out of the way, there will be more peace than you can even dream of." The black haired girl said proudly.