two; blue

two; blue

"Koushi, all I remember is a blue umbrella! I don't even know what he looks like."

"Maybe actually take the time to do that, Tooru."

Iwaizumi + Oikawa
fluff
Tsukki_The_Dino

He's been playing in the sun for a while now

He's been playing in the sun for a while now. His skin getting tanned by the rays of the bright ball of light above him. He ran through the playground grass, chasing the other children around, not caring if they got dirt on their clothes. Innocent laughter and joy filled the small playground near the picnic area.

That was a while ago.

Now, huge droplets of rain fell from the sky, landing harshly on any surface they landed on. One surface being the uncovered head of a chestnut-haired boy. He cried helplessly, looking for his mother who went to the bathroom just before the rain fell. He rubbed his eyes, vision blurry due to the millions of droplet flowing down his cheeks, including the rain. He sobbed and sobbed but it seemed like the other children and parents around have gone away, enjoying the warmth of their cars and homes, heads covered by umbrellas and roofs.

Until his head was covered by an umbrella.

The little boy stopped crying, looking up at the brilliant blue above him. Shading him from the gray, wet sky above him. The umbrella was opaque, free of any marks and peeks of the chaotic ceiling above. The little boy was so distracted by the brilliant umbrella that he didn't notice the kind stranger slip the umbrella into his hand and walk away. Only when a bigger body than his enveloped him in warmth did he come to his senses and stop staring at the beautiful blue umbrella.

"Tooru! Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry. Thank God you're safe," she sighed. "Come on, let's go home, okay?" She scooped him up in her arms, careful of the umbrella Oikawa was so invested in.

Little Oikawa simply thought:

Who owns this?

---

Oikawa is in his first year of high school and he is loving it here. Everyone loves him! And all he had to do was be born pretty. It wasn't that hard.

But there was always that feeling, that memory at the back of his mind. He was looking for someone. Someone who owned a certain something. That something leaned against his cabinet, always there to greet him when he woke up. That opaque, beautiful, blue umbrella. That umbrella saved him. That person saved him. And he wants, needs to find that person.

Hanamaki strutted up to him, slinging his arms around the browned-haired boy's shoulders. He's dyed his hair pink. It suits him.

"Yeesh, Oikawa. Way to round up the ladies on our first day. You're officially the school's heartthrob now." He laughed, leading the other male to his class.