Closure

"As words on a burnt piece of paper, her feelings flew away as its grey ashes."

-Mao Hart

I thought I'd be okay when you said we had to take a break, but I was wrong. There's only so much one's mind can take.

I thought I was at fault when you said it couldn't work out. Thought I wasn't pretty enough, or cool enough; but I guess we all have different tastes, you were mine and I wasn't yours.

I asked myself, "Why'd you pick me?" I mean, there's plenty of other fish in the sea.

You told me, "Don't compare yourself, the others can't hold a candle to your flame."

Was that a lie?

Maybe. But who can tell the thoughts of a man?

I told myself I don't deserve you. Why?

Because honestly? All my insecurities took over and kept mentioning all the flaws that graced my outer cover.

I don't know the process of emotion, so when what we had took motion, albeit I was unaware.

I hated vulnerability, but to you? All my emotions were laid bare.

At times I wondered what went wrong, it all replayed in my mind like an echoing gong; and in turn I harbored bittersweet memories that would make worthy stories.

I don't completely forget, but when I do remember, it doesn't necessarily come up as regret.

All I needed was closure; about all the moments that brought us closer.

Were they real, or fake, or just in between? Did they make sense to you as they did me?

I know what I felt wasn't fickle emotion, I denied it. At first.

But that's what my thoughts whispered, after all the negativity had dispersed.