goodbyes

Life in Durban is way different than the life I was used to back home, but with my knight in shining armour (his words, not mine) Themba everything was smooth-sailing. Exams started with me not missing even a single tutorial. Themba had been helping me study everything, and I was damn sure I was passing with A's. We studied alone, Themba not allowing anyone to join us. When asked "but why Themba?" He'd answer "too many cooks spoil the broth" and left it at that.

"Your time ends in three... two... one... Pens down everyone your time is up." Mrs Ndlovu said. Took you long enough, I thought. She came around to collect our papers and that was my last exam.

Said knight in shining armour was waiting outside my exam room with his arms wide open. Thembi ran into his arms and tackled him. Themba's eyes nearly popped out of his head. I laughed at how uncomfortable he looked, and decided to let the girl run her course. "Aww Themba, so you finally wanna make our thing official?" she asked, her voice smothered in all the creepiness in the world. I laughed at him when he looked my way for help. "Um, girl I think you got the wrong person..." he said as he tried to slide out of the rib-crushing hug. "No silly, I don't have the wrong person. I think every girl can feel it when they are standing next to the future father of her children." I started approaching them, but Thembi looked at me and clicked her tongue. "Y'know babes, I've even thought about our baby names out. We can have twins, a boy and a girl, then we can name them Themba and Thembi junior. We can take them to S.O.S kindergarten, then..." now I've had enough. "Excuse me, hi guys, sorry to interrupt but Themba and I gotta leave now." Themba gave me a look that said what took you so long? I pulled him away from her claws, but she quickly pulled him back in. "Excuse me Ms Disturbance, Themba and I were just chatting." "Sorry Ms I-see-into-the-future, but Themba and I actually have a taxi to catch so ciao." I quickly pulled him back to me and started running away. Literally. "I remember someone saying that if one of us is in trouble, we don't just stand there looking like a goofball, we help each other out," Themba said as we waited for a taxi to town. "That wasn't trouble Themba, that was your words manifesting in front of you. Don't you remember? I'm a babe magnet. I get every girl I want.?" I asked him in the sweetest voice. He was gloating about his good looks that day..

"Estobhini," (at the next stop)  Themba announced to the doorkeeper of the taxi. The taxi slid along the other cars, earning us a choir of car hoots and colourful curses. The taxi stopped and we got off in twenty seconds. 

"Please can I have ikota with everything," Themba and I said at the same time. The cashier laughed at us and quickly punched in our order. We went to take a seat and waited for our orders.

My stomach grumbled at the sight of my food. It looked so filling and so greasy and so delicious and so yum! "Enjoy!" "Oh we most so certainly will." Again, Themba and I said in unison.

After destroying out meal Themba and I looked at our plate in admiration

After destroying out meal Themba and I looked at our plate in admiration. "Tell me Themba, how am I gonna survive three weeks without this heavenly heaven?" I asked him. His facial features formed a sorry look, then a satisfied grin, then back to his signature smug face. I could just tell whatever he was gonna say, I wouldn't particularly enjoy. "Well I don't know Nonku, maybe you'll finally lose a bit of that extra weight." Oh hell no. "What do you mean extra weight? Are you saying I've gotten fat?" I was getting really pissed. "Well that I can't.." as he was about to finish his sentence he let out a vexing  burp. I quickly got up from the table and left the  store. I am so not being judged by the company I keep. Because I was in a nice mood, I decided to wait for him outside. He came out in a few minutes, and when I asked him where he'd been, he simply said he'd been in the bathroom and left it at that. We took a taxi to campus, then another one to Durban station.

I noticed how Themba had been uncomfortable with me leaving, but I couldn't not go home. The only other chance I'd see them was at the end of the year, and I knew that dad would probably think I've gotten pregnant and didn't come home because I was hiding the pregnancy.

"Themba I don't know why you're overreacting so much, it's just three weeks," I pleaded with him. He was really taking my departure the hard way. "Okay okay okay. I have an idea" I knew what he was going to say was utter crap, but I let him continue anyway. "How about I go with you, then I stay at a hotel or b'n'b or something?" "Right, lets do that. Then whenever I leave home to see you ubaba can say I'm going to see my baby daddy." He looked frazzled for a second, then finally gave up. I honestly also wanted to go with him, but I wasn't ready for him to meet my past.
"Nonkululeko be careful where you are going. The world is filled with bad things that could taint your innocence. Please stay away from anything suspicious or anything that might pose as a threat to you. Please promise me you'll stay safe?" His face was of utter seriousness and his eyes bore into mine, as if daring me to say no. "I promise." He returned to normal Themba and gave me a hug and left. He never even said bye! I got into the taxi and took out my copy of Everything, everything, and read all the way.

A/n
Hey beautiful people! I'm sooo sorry for the late update.
Have any of you read everything, everything? Asseblief mense, no spoilers please!
Please don't forget to vote, recommend, comment and everything nice.
Ciao!