beginning of the end

3 years later...

I was never ready. I can not deal with screeching children that are spoilt and won't sleep. Awande won't sleep and Wandile is on a sugar high. Now don't get me wrong, I love my children and I love their father but sometimes... Just sometimes.. I wish I could castrate someone or hang someone with toothpicks.
To be honest, I really have been castrating people and poking people with toothpicks, mainly because Sipho has fully integrated me into his business. Like, using my gift of prophesying I get visions of who is about to betray Sipho and I, and we can therefore take care of the problem before it even becomes a problem.

Using his connection in the underworld, Sipho managed to get me a proper firm to do my articles, of which I am currently doing. He doesn't particularly enjoy the fact that I work for another man and I have to work in close proximity with someone he doesn't like, but one stare from me and he kept his mouth shut. I understand that he is a man and he will get jealous at some point in time, what I do not understand and will not tolerate is him thinking I will run off with every dick that greets me. I married him, for goodness' sake. A little trust would be nice, as I trust him to not cheat with those dolls with flimsy skirts caked in makeup he calls air hostesses. I now live full time in Nongoma with my family, Zamo is finishing up high school and the kingdom is booming.

Everything is well.

On the mortal plane.

There are sometimes where I don't get sleep for weeks on end because of one vision. Sometimes I can see things from the past that make me worried for my family. Sometimes I see things that'll make my heart beat so fast it feels like it's going to jump out of my mouth. Bab'Dlamini has not been efficient in interpreting most of those visions as he doesn't understand them himself. Frustrated, Bab'Mkhize chased him away and banished him right after I had a dream of the family being purged of a dark presence in a river of blood. When I told Sipho of what had happened, he shrugged it off and we both agreed that it was a small manifestation.

Unlike the vision currently haunting my dreams. Every time I managed to wield up some semblance of sleep and doze off, I'd wake up panting and sweating. I've tried taking sleeping pills and all the concoctions, but it seems like all they do is intensify the dream and illuminate it in vivid colour. So all I can do is work through the night on my cases and hope the dream will manifest at last and hopefully stop. But, with my luck, that is not happening anytime soon.

Sipho finally managed to put the twins to sleep. "I swear sthandwa, if you don't enrol those two in school by the time they are five we would have built this house over five times," I complained. "Never my love my children will all be home schooled. I cannot risk them going to school so all my enemies get a sight of them. Someone leaked a picture of them to the underworld, and Abel is hungry for their blood." Abel, that twit. Sighing loudly, I held up my hands in surrender. "Explain to me, how are you a law student when you are so easily swayed?" I laughed whilst undressing to take a shower. " I pick my battles wisely Khabazela. It's useless arguing with you when it concerns Wandile and Andile. You'll do what is best for them all the time, that much I know." I hopped in the shower and let the water smooth all the worries and carry it away down the drain.

A few minutes later I hopped out from the shower, feeling better and sleepy. Sipho was sitting in the corner of the room. His features were put into focus by the sliver of light that highlighted the corner. His shadow was elongated and spread out on the bedroom floor. His face was cold and his jawline was so sharp one could cut granite with it. His face looked eerie and his pupils dilated. Spooked, I asked him what was wrong. "Life is about to get very hard my wife. I need you to ensure that you are safe at all times and Andile and Wandile are in your sight at all times. You're about to witness the brutality of this life we live. Nandi is out." He left the room in ten strides of his long legs, leaving me with questions that could fill up the Big Hole. I quickly wore my pyjamas and went to sleep without much trouble.

The royal house was filled with guests from all over the world. Women cooked and chatted over the pots, as the men were slowly getting drunk with umqombothi. There was a tinge of celebration in the air, and everybody wore smiles that reached their ears. "Haven't you heard?", the one woman said to another, "Prince Wandile is coming back from Germany for his brother's coronation." The women clapped hands and exclaimed loudly. "This is something to be seen by the whole world I tell you. Nobody wants to miss this," the women continued chattering, laughing loudly in between.
In the shadows a figure was plotting something else. If one layer careful attention, they would notice the underlying tinge of dark spirits surrounding the palace. The figure looked over the royal house, pleased to see that everything is going according to plan.

***

The young Prince kneeled in front of his father. "Do you promise to forever hold the needs of the Zulu kingdom more important than your personal own, till the end of your reign as king?" His father asked. The Prince hesitated for a little while, before saying, "I do." The crowd breathed a sigh of relief as the king raised the crown. "Then, I hereby name you.." A voice sounded in the room, stunning everybody into silence. The voice spoke with a deep bass that reverberated throughout the whole room. "Halt. That will never happen. Not if I have anything to do with it." The voice stopped for a moment, adding suspense to the whole scene. The people started to shove towards the doors,and the voice laughed. "Please, humour me, try to escape a closed door." Panic rose in the room, and the children started sweating. "Ziyanuka lezinto zenu (these things of y'alls are stinking)". A clap of thunder sounded outside and all the children dropped dead. The king started to worry. "Who are you? What do you want?" He asked. "Me, I'm someone your wife messed with a long time ago. And quite honestly, I have everything I want. I just wanted to see my old friend here before she breathed her last." All the eyes in the room wandered over to the queen, who's face was etched with unwavering fear. "M-me?" The queen stuttered. "No dammit. The one on top of your nose. Of course you. I see you're coping nicely with my belongings. I've come to take what's mine, but first.." Lightning bolted through the room, taking with it all the civilians. Only the royal family remained, watching in horror, as hundreds of bodies fell before them. "You and your husband humiliated me in the underworld. You stripped me of the only thing people feared me for, but now... Now the nations of this world will fall by my will. The reign of humanity is over Nonkululeko, and it's all because of you." The voice came closer and closer until it formed a person behind the queen. "Goodbye Darling..." The queen turned around and the sight startled her, causing her to buckle backwards. "I'm sorry. Don't do this L.."

The end😂😂.
Okay okay don't kill me. I'm gonna continue writing the second book, which I will start posting as soon as it's ready to be posted, but, this is the end of Tears Of The Damned. 😎😎 Please dont forget to share, comment, vote and all the things we can possibly do to promote this book. It's my first serious work and I'd really appreciate it if you guys like it as much as I liked writing it.

So long fam.

Love,
NCSunshine