Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Cody's P.O.V

I woke up to the cold rain tapping on my window, and blood dripping from my nose. At first it was annoying but now it's just part of my morning routine. By now I have almost lost all my hair, I've just got a little bit left and I wish it would go because at the moment I look a bit weird when I'm let out of the hospital and I'm in the middle of town, people are always staring at me. I have a quick shower to get rid of all the blood and I put some clean clothes on. I call the nurse so she can change the blood stained sheets on my bed.       

Now I'm all on my own again, it seems to be happening a lot now, everyone's always busy to come and see me. The nurses keep telling me to interact with the other kids but socialising isn't my strong subject, I'm used to sitting on Tumblr all day and then sleeping for a couple of hours not socialising.

As I drift off into my nap I hear a soft gentle knock on my door, before I said they could come in, they walked in. I was expecting to see Gerard or Mikey but it wasn't, it was a little girl about 5 or 6 who I have never seen before.

"Hello, I thought you might be lonely, so I came here to keep you company," the little girl said quite chirpily. She smiled at me and then sat on my bed.

I smiled back and said, "Aww thanks, you're so sweet," she reminded me of Milly when she was younger.

"What's your name?" she asked kindly.

"Cody, what's yours?" I replied and gently poked her shoulder.

"Daisy, like the little flower," she started giggling to herself. She is literally the sweetest kid I've ever met and she has made my day. "Why are you in the hospital?" she said in her cute childish voice.

"I've got leukaemia," just saying the word makes me sad.

"Me too!" she clapped excitedly. I love how she's turns everything that's negative into a positive and she acts as if she isn't ill at all.

Mikey walks in with a cup of coffee, "Good Morning Sis, Gerard's just gone to the shop to get food and other things, and I see you've found yourself a little friend," Mikey ruffles daisy's hair and smiles at her.

"I thought it was like 2 o'clock in the afternoon," Daisy stated. Mikey and I looked at each other and started to quietly giggle.

Gerard strolled in with 2 shopping bags full of food and a bright pink balloon saying "Get Well Soon," I frowned at first because he knows I hate the colour pink but then I started to laugh at the sight of Gerard with a sweet innocent smile and a bright pink balloon.

Gerard, Mikey and Daisy started to eat the food that Gerard bought for all of us but I just couldn't eat anything, I had lost my appetite and I'm starting to feel a little nauseous and light-headed which isn't always good. My breathing quickens and my face becomes pale like a ghost. I rush to the bathroom with daisy following behind, she may be 5 or 6 but she knows how to comfort someone. I look up to see Mikey and Gerard looking slightly confused. To me and Daisy, this is a daily routine, were used to it but to Gerard and Mikey this is not normal.

When I'm finished in the bathroom I lazily walk into the bedroom and climb into bed and curl into a little ball, holding my stomach trying to stop the really bad cramps and I gradually fall into a slumber.

...........................

   I wake up because someone is tapping me on the shoulder; it turns out to be Mikey holding a tissue telling me that I have another nosebleed. That's twice in one day, which is a first. I giggle slightly at the sight of Mikey trying to clean up the blood that is all over my face and Gerard who is trying to roll me off the bed so he can change the sheets, even though it's not his job. They are literally the most caring brothers ever.

Daisy's gone to her next session of chemo, I feel sorry for her to have to go through all that pain at such a young age. Her parents must have been devastated when they found out. She's so brave I wish I could be like her.