Ch. 17

Tonight, it was just me out patrolling. Peter had to stay home with his Aunt to help her take care of a few things before he could meet up with me, but I just told him I could handle it and not to worry about it. I mean, nothing has happened in at least a month, so I think I'll be perfectly fine. I flew up to a roof and sat down, looking around the city before laying back at staring up at the starless sky. I raised an eyebrow when I saw a figure starting to fall quickly, causing me to stand up.

"Well, well, well. We have the purple eye'd freak without her little boyfriend." that creepy voice from the Chinese restaurant chuckled out.

"He's around here somewhere." I stated as the Green Goblin hovered down in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm sure he is. Listen, I have a little proposition for you."

"I don't want to here it."

"Of course you do. If you didn't, I'm pretty sure you would have done something to me already." he chuckled, smirking, revealing his horrible looking teeth.

I frowned and crossed my arms, "I'm not teaming up with you to destroy Spiderman."

"Ah, a little mind reader. Sorry, dear. You have no other choice."

"I do. I will not help you." I scowled, "I don't want to see anyone get hurt other then you."

"Aw, don't be like that. Come on, just imagine it. If we got rid of Spiderman, we could take over in his place."

"I like him here. Besides, you wouldn't help people. You would hurt them." I glared at him, my hands glowing their bright purple.

"Put your little energy power away. I'm not here to fight you. Just simply talk." he sighed, shaking his head slightly, gliding closer to me, "Just think about it." he stated before lifting his hand. 

I felt a small pinch in my arm as he quickly left. I frowned and pulled my sleeve up, seeing a little green dot on my arm. I shook my head slightly and quickly jumped off the edge, making my way to Peter's place.
*~*~*~*~*~

 I fixed my blue shorts before laying back on Peter's bed. I'm never home anymore and I honestly don't mind. I've talked to mom about staying with Peter whenever I, or he, wanted so everything's been working out. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail before sighing loudly.

"What happened?" he asked, looking down at me when he walked into the room.

"Nothing?" I frowned, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't lie to me. We've discussed this."

I sighed and sat up again, pulling him to me, "Nothing happened." I stated, clearly lying through my teeth. 

He frowned, "Tell me the truth. What's this?" he asked, holding my arm up.

I glanced at the green dot, "Um. Marker?"

"Chloe." he sighed, running a hand through his hair, "Just tell me the truth. It's okay."

I opened my mouth to reply, only to not be able to tell him. I frowned and tried again, still struggling with the words, "I can't."

"Yes you can."

"I literally can't. There's something stopping me." I frowned.

"Write it down." he stated, getting a notebook and pen from his desk.

I took it from him, pressing the tip of the pen to the paper, "I can't." I whispered, "What's happening to me?"

"Whatever happened to you is preventing you from being able to tell me. Try to point at something to show me."

I nodded and looked around, seeing a green t-shirt laying on the floor. I quickly pointed at it, "The color."

"Green." he nodded slowly, "Okay?"

I just stared at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Green Goblin?"

I nodded quickly, "Yeah. Exactly."

He frowned and clenched his fists, "What did he say?"

I shrugged, not even bothering to try to tell him, "I didn't agree to it though."

"To what?"

"Teaming-" I started, only to feel a sharp pain in my head, causing me to fall back on is bed, gripping my head tightly.

Not the most interesting chapter, but I didn't know what else to write :(

Tell me something you want to see happen in this story! I may add it :D

Vote,comment,&follow!

Thank you for reading :)