I.I finally figured it out.

---amazin cover done by zaramartinez----

The date was 24th April 1891, the sun was starting to set, leaving London in the dark.

Detective Y/N Y/L/N, the world's first woman detective was in the house Dr. Watson and Mary shared, enjoying a conversation and a cup of tea.

''So, tell me Y/N, how has been Holmes doing?'' Watson asked from his armchair.

''I do not know. He has been very absent lately and I haven't see him since Monday morning. Since we came from France this week, he acted very strange'' you said, and sipped your tea.

You two were interrupted by the door opening and slamming shut. Sherlock stormed in the room, locking the door and dragging the curtains.

It surprised you to see him pale and when he took his coat off, you observed he lost weight.

''Is Mary home?'' he asked as he dropped himself in the armchair.

''No. She's visiting her mother'' John answered

''Sherlock... you'd better start talking'', you said and sat down in front of him, on the couch.

''Did anyone follow you here?'' he asked looking curiously at you.

''I don't know. I took a carriage and came here. I didn't observe anything bizarre. Why are you asking? What happened to you these days? Where were you, anyway?'' you asked, looking at his bloody knuckles and observing his left hand was laying in an unnatural manner. He probably hurt himself somewhere.

''I finally figured it out. It took me three days, but I finally realized it...'' he said shaking his head.

''What have you figured out?'' Watson asked, throwing him a weird look.

''You probably have never heard of Professor James Moriarty?'' he asked, with an odd shine in his eyes.

''Never'' you answered.

''Aye! That's the genius and wonder of this thing!'' he exclaimed, ''The man pervades around London, and no one has heard of him! That's what puts him on a pinnacle in the records of crime. I tell you my dear friends, in all seriousness, if I could beat that man, if I could free the society of him, I should feel that my career reached its summit and I should feel prepared to turn to some placid line in life. Between ourselves, the recent cases in which I have been of assistance to the royal family of Scandinavia, or to the French republic, left me with a capital that could help me live in a quiet fashion for the rest of my life, and to concentrate on my chemical research. But I could not rest. Watson, I could not sit quiet in my chair if I knew that such men as Professor Moriarty are walking the streets of London unchallenged'' he rambled, closing his eyes.

''What has he done, then?'' you asked curiously.

''His career has been an extraordinary one. He is a man of good birth and excellent education, endowed by nature with a phenomenal mathematical faculty. On the power of his mind, he won the mathematical chair at one of our small universities. But the man has tendencies of the most diabolical kind. A criminal strain ran in his blood, which instead of being modified, has been increased by his extraordinary mental power. Dark rumors gathered around him in the university town, and eventually he was compelled to resign his chair and come back to London, where he set up as an army coach. So much is known to the world Watson, but I am telling you two now is what I myself discovered.'' he said, ''For years past I have been conscious of some malefactor, some deep, organizing power, which forever stands in the way of the law, and throws its shield over the wrong doer. Again and again, in cases of the most varying sorts -forgery cases, robbery, murders- I have felt the presence of this force, and I have deduced its actions in many of those undiscovered crimes, in which I have not been personally consulted. When I sized my threat, and followed it until it led me to ex mathematics professor Moriarty'' said he, ''He is a Napoleon of crimes, my friends. He is the organizer of half of what is evil and nearly everything that is undetected in this great city. He does little himself. He only plans. But, his agents are numerous and splendidly organized. My horror at his crimes was lost in admiration at his skills. But at least he made a mistake, a little, little mistake, but it was more than he could afford when I was so close upon him.''

-------------------------------

Word count: 754