IV.Perhaps a plan.

''They have probably lost my track after I left your house, Watson. Otherwise they couldn't imagine I went back to our apartment. But it is most obvious that they watched you as a precaution measure, and that is what brought Moriarty at Victoria train station. Didn't you accidentally made a mistake somewhere on the road?'' Sherlock asked Watson.

''I did exactly as you told me to'' John replied.

''Did you find your brougham?''

''Yes, it was waiting''

''Did you recognize your coachman?''

''No''

''It was my brother, Mycroft. It is an advantage to get in such case, without taking a mercenary into your confidence. But we have to plan what we are going to do with Moriarty now'', Sherlock clarified.

''As this is an express, and the boat runs in connection with it, I think we shook him off our tail'' Watson said.

''Watson, you evidently didn't understand when I said that this man may be taken quite on the same intellectual plan as myself''

''What will he do, then?''

''What Sherlock would do: engage a special'' you said

''But it must be late''

''By no means. The train stops at Canterbury, and there's always at least a quarter of an hour's delay. He won't catch us there'' you explained.

''One would think we are the criminals'' Watson scoffed ''Let's have him arrested on his arrival!''

''But we will ruin three months of work. We will catch the bigger fish, while the smaller dart away. On Monday, we should have them all. No, an arrest is inadmissible!'' Sherlock denied.

''But that man could harm us if he will catch us at Canterbury!'', Watson looked at you for help, ''Y/N, please explain him!''

Watson looked at you and expected to agree with him. But Sherlock was right. You shall have each one of them Monday, and to loose such a chance was a proportional shame.

''I am sorry John. But Sherlock is right. We shall better wait and have them all until Monday. Think about it'' you reasoned.

John sighed, and gave it a thought.

''What are we going to do then?'' he asked.

''We shall get down at Canterbury. Then we'll make a cross-country journey to Newheaven, and so over to Dippe. Again, Moriarty would do what I would do. He will go to Paris, mark down our luggage, and wait for two days at the depot. We shall make our way to Switzerland, via Luxembourg and Basle'' Sherlock explained.

''And our luggage will be sent to Paris, while we go in the other direction?'' John interjected

''Don't worry, John. I packed clothes for the three of us. I have a bag with useful thing, if we need something to... defend ourselves. We have everything planned'' you assured.

''Alright'' John signed.

After that, everything went quiet. You looked to the window, admiring the view.

''Y/N, I'm going to get some food. Do you want something?'' John asked as he sat up.

''No, John. Thank you''

He nodded and closed the door behind him.

Your eyes then went to Sherlock, who was sprawled on his seat, eyebrows furrowed together and fingertip connected. He wasn't sleeping, he was just thinking. He told you everything about Moriarty, and you knew what he was capable of. If he was on the same intellectual level as Sherlock, that wasn't going to end well. An intellectual battle begun, and it was going to be bloody. You were afraid for his life. A few days ago, you were absolutely sure that no one can ever beat Sherlock Holmes at his own game, but now... you weren't that sure.

Your hand slowly found it's way to gently touch Sherlock's, and he opened his eyes to stare into yours.

He took your hand in his and brought it to his lips, gently kissing your knuckles.

''I know you are worried. But everything's going to be alright. I promise. You know... after all of this ends, I want to talk to you about... about us'' he said, rubbing your knuckles.

''What do you mean?''

''I'm tired of tiptoeing around the corners. I want to make this happen. You make me happy, and I want to have a stable thing in my life... if you want it too'' he said, as he looked at you.

''Of course I want it too. But, we have to get rid of Moriarty before anything else'' you nodded.

He nodded too and kissed your cheek.

''I'm going to rest a little'' he said and left go of your hand, closing his eyes and drifting to sleep.

You sighed and relaxed into your chair, hoping that everything will be alright.

--------------------------------------

Word count:800