Chapter One - Peggys Funeral.

I sat down beside Steve at the funeral. I held on to his hand for moral support although I only met Peggy Twice we were already quite close. I held back the tears but of course it doesn't work.

Sharon Carter who was known as Peggys Niece went up to say a few words. 'Probably say something stupid' I think to myself LOOK She doesn't like me and I'll not like her BUT I know Steve has feelings for her which killed me.

"Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree and say 'no you move'." Sharon quotes something because no one can make that up in there head.

I roll my eyes but notice Steve is thinking but still listening to her. Wait am I horrible person for thinking all of this stuff at Peggys Funeral...no I mean her niece told me to be a tree I'm good.

Sharon continues to speak but one thing pops up in my head. I knew exactly what Steve was thinking about. He was thinking about the agreement to have the government control the avengers. Wait isn't Tony also helping the government find someone..? Shit it's me! Why would it be..?

--------

When the funeral ended I decided to talk to Steve.

"Im going to do it Adaline. I need to stand up for myself" He looks me in the eye.

"Steve. You're destroying the avengers by doing this" I shake my head. I knew Sharon speech convinced him.

"Im standing up for myself. And Bucky. He's still out there and-"

I stop Steve " Steve you listened to Sharon's speech. I understand, you believe We should be free and not controlled by the government" I continue and take a breath at the end. "I know you like Sharon Steve. I can tell in your eyes" after I say my last thing he turns a pinkish colour.

I smile and nod but he quickly shakes his head "no I don't. There is someone else I have in mind."

I continue to smile. "So Bucky he's still out there?" I ask surprised. I thought the guy would have been locked up already!

"Yes" he nods "we're going to find him. But I need some more help.. again"

I sigh and look up at him "if I get scar on my face again I'm giving up" I laugh and he laughs along

"Don't worry I promise you won't get another scar. Even if I have to die over it" Steve smiles and looks around "Sharon's speech was good" he continues and I look at him like he's insane

"I mean if you like trees yes" I mumble and he shakes his head.

"Adaline I know you're not a fan of her-"

"But you are." I interrupt him "Steve you like her that's okay." I lied.

I hated the fact that Steve liked Sharon more than me. He would look at her like she's the only girl in the world and it left me heartbroken. I would hide my emotions by lying and smiling. It was the only way.

I leave the place with Steve and meet Sam outside.

"Hey, you guys getting it on in there?" Sam smirks and I punch him playfully.

Sorry this is short but it was my introduction. I wanted to start off with Peggys Funeral because.. well because I was lazy. Anyway thank. you for reading and I love you 💋💋