Three

Minhyuk's POV

I sighed, resting my chin in my palm. It's always uneventful here. I was sitting outside our blue-green tent, just observing the usual happenings.
Jooheon and Hyungwon seem to be having a conversation with that new guy, Changkyun. But he isn't saying much. Actually I haven't even seen his lips move. Maybe it's more of a one-sided conversation.
Kihyun was on lookout, so he wasn't in seeing view and, marking two days now, Shownu and Wonho were out looking for more supplies.

I'm good with getting by in any circumstance, but I won't lie, this kind of situation really puts a strain on anyone. I've lost track of days. I forgot what it's like to actually enjoy myself.
But somehow I feel responsible for keeping the others in a good mood,
No matter what.
The only thing that really makes it worthwhile is...

My mind gives me images of those little times where me and Wonho had coincidentally touched hands or, those times where one of my unfunny jokes can make him laugh. Or even that time he fell asleep on me and-
Ehm.
Control yourself Minhyuk.
I sighed again.

But that's my life. One sided love.
Maybe I should join the others with conversation. Will it be awkward if I join in now? Whatever. I'm the king of awkward situations.

I rose to my feet, dusting off the back of my pants. One of the things I hated about this place was the dirt. Everything gets dirty. I would give anything for a nice shower, but the only thing we have to settle on is a big lake a while from here.
Nothing more refreshing then stripping naked and going into a freezing cold lake.

It's a joke.

Walking over to the trio their conversation finally met my ears.
"Do you think he can even understand us?" Jooheon asked.
"If he can, you look like a fool for talking about him infront of him."
Hyungwon replied sarcastically.
These kids.
"Hey. What are you guys doing?"
I watched as they all turned towards me. Even the new guy, who always had a serious look on his face. His intense stare gives me chills.
Maybe I should try and be friendly with him. Only a couple days earlier he told us his name. Would it be weird to call him by that?

"I'm Minhyuk. Most people call me sunshine so I hope I don't blind you. Um... Changkyun, right?"
I offered a smile and then...

I immediatly cringed and looked away. I can see Jooheon and Hyungwon face palming. This other guy probably thinks I'm ridiculous. Why am I like this.

"Yes."

A voice said that was so unfamiliar to me that made me freeze in my spot. It was deeper than Hyungwon's, or Jooheon's. Even deeper than Shownu's who has like, the deepest voice I've ever heard.
Did it come from...Changkyun?

The others must be thinking the same thing. Their wide eyes keep looking at me and then back to Changkyun.

"W...What?" Was the only thing I could manage to say. Did this boy who hasn't said anything other than two words to us really just... Answer me?

"I said yes. Are you suprised?"

That deep voice again. It gave me shivers.

"Wait- all these days we've been talking to you, you haven't said anything. But this guy talks to you and you suddenly have something to say?!" Jooheon says, clearly annoyed, pointing at me like I did something wrong. This is why Jooheon is such a kid.

Changkyun looked over to Jooheon with that serious look that was glued to his face.

"I didn't want to talk to you" he answered simply. Wow! This guy. Jooheon's petty, he won't take this well. And sure enough Jooheon became baffled.

"W..What? W....." Jooheon stumbled for words as Hyungwon gave a loud snicker. Of course I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Why are you keeping quiet then?" Hyungwon asked after a few seconds. Changkyun again fell silent, his eyes slowly meeting mine. Am I supposed to say something? His face tells me nothing.

"Um... How old... Are you?" I asked awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck. He slowly stood to his feet and took a step away from the other two. Taking small steps he sheepishly made his way over to me. It was kinda cute. He looks old though. But he's small, like kihyun, so who knows, maybe he's around my age.

"I'm... Twenty.." he answered quietly, avoiding my eyes.

This guy is really... He's three years younger than me. Younger than Jooheon. What's with that deep voice?!

"What?! You look so old!" Jooheon snorted, the look of disbelief written all over his face. I didn't want to believe it either. I looked at Changkyun again. It almost seemed like he flinched at Jooheon's words. His eyes were fixated to the ground.

"So... That day, we found you wondering in the woods... How did you get there?" I asked. We were all curious. Everybody wanted to know why this guy was just walking alone in this forest. He just shook his head, waking over to a nearby stump and sitting, his back against the bark.
I guess that was the end of the talking session. Maybe I shouldn't have asked something like that just yet.

"Now you really went and ruined it." Hyungwon commented. I shot him a look. "At least I got him to talk. And now we know that he's twenty..."

Still unbelievable.

"And that he doesn't want to talk to you" Hyungwon added, snickering at Jooheon.

"He didn't want to talk to you either, or else he would have." Jooheon spat, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes.

That's my cue to leave. I sighed, making my way back to our tent.
Shame to say that this was the most eventful thing that's happened all week. And it only lasted what- ten minutes?
I opened the sheet of the tent and stepped inside. The cool weather had reached inside the tent and it actually wasn't a million degrees. Most times it was so hot I couldn't stand being in here for more than fifteen minutes.
I guess I could count out the supplies. Again. For the sixth time.

My hand began to reach for a small lantern that we hung on the top of the tent, but quickly jerked back when I heard yells coming from outside the tent.

Before I even had time to go check what was going on, Shownu was dragging Wonho in the tent.

"Minhyuk, we were- Wonho was-" Shownu couldn't even get his words out he was breathing so heavily. That's when I noticed the blood.

Good god I thought we were in a horror movie there was so much blood.