three

Oh god it was so bad. It was so so bad. I would've killed to be anywhere else but Tae's bedroom at that moment. I just sat on Tae's bed, in a criss - cross applesauce position.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing, Tae???? I always knew. I always fucking knew it! I've told you time and time again to stop hanging out with this faggot! He's turning you into one!" Tae's dad yelled.

I nearly bursted into tears at that last comment. Was i gay? I didn't know. I was fucking 14 years old. I knew that i loved Tae and i thought he was absolutely gorgeous and i enjoyed kissing him. Yeah i was gay.

Tae's mom wasn't home. I assumed that's why his father decided to lash out on him. I was praying to be anywhere but there. Anywhere.

Hearing Tae cry always broke my heart, especially if it was a very dramatic cry like this. I mean, he was crying so hard that he couldn't breathe or speak correctly. I put a hand on his back and kept calmly whispering "come on, Tae, please breath."

"Get your faggot hands off of my son!" Tae's dad yelled.

I didn't remove my hands. That's when it really got bad.

Tae's father picked him up and slammed his frail body against the bedroom door. Tae's crying got louder. I didn't know what to do. I was frozen. Should I run and tell my mom? No. I wasn't going to leave Tae in this house.

"D-Dad please stop. i'm sorry. i'm so sorry please stop" Tae repeated over and over again.

All i wanted was to grab him and pull him into a hug and tell him that everything was going to be okay, like i'd been doing since the first time he came to me crying.  But i couldn't do that, because his father was screaming at him.

That's when i happened.

"THATS ENOUGH!" Tae's father yelled and smacked Tae across the face. That's when I picked up Tae, more of a bridal style, and ran out the door and to my house.

We could hear his yelling and homophobic slurs while we were running. Tae wrapped his arms around my neck while we ran. I had never felt so bad for him.

After we got in and spoke to my mom, we went to my bedroom. And that's when Tae began to really breakdown. Right there on my bed. And that's the night we became closer than ever before.