chapter twenty two

Tommy discharged himself from hospital early the next morning much to Polly's dismay. Ophelia made her way to the Shelby household, Harry and Charlie with her. She knocked on the door and smiled when she saw Finn standing there. A huge smile spread across his face when he saw the two boys. The two boys ran up the stairs following him to his room. She entered the house and she shut the door firmly behind her. She walked into the kitchen and raised as she saw Tommy sitting at the kitchen table. "Tommy you cant be serious. Your going to London, you only got out this morning". Polly said. Her head turned as she saw Ophelia. She smiled softly and turned her head as Tommy gave his answer. "A friend of mine told me about this gang leader called Alfie Solomons in Camden Town, if I go to and get him on the side if the Peaky Blinders we can take down Sabini, just think we could go far. I'll be back in a day I promise" his eyes drifted to Ophelia then back to Polly. She sighed and asked. "Are you at least bringing your brothers". Tommy shook his head. He grabbed his hat and fastened it firmly on his head. "No i need them here to help out with the garrison". Arthur and John both shook there heads in disappointment, both hoping they where going to London again. Tommy stood and hugged his two brothers. He turned and hugged Polly giving her a kiss on the cheek. He grabbed his coat from the back of his chair and pulled it on, turning to look at Ophelia. He walked slowly towards her and pulled her into a hug. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, are head nuzzling into his chest. "I'm glad your back love". He whispered, his lips dangerously close to her ear. He moved his lips to her cheek and gave her a soft gentle kiss. She could feel her cheeks warming up. They pulled apart from the hug, there eyes meeting like magnets. He tipped his hat to her and walked out the room. Ophelia's eyes followed his movements. She turned back to see the remaining three Shelby's smirking at her. In turn she stuck out her tongue and went to make tea for everyone. A small smile spread on her face, a smile only Polly could see.

Tommy was right he was back in a day. He walked into his house and frowned when he saw Arthur passed out drunk on the sofa. He knew he liked the drink, but he hadn't had one in awhile. He walked into the kitchen to see Polly and John sitting down. "How did it go? John asked. Tommy sat down and pulled his hat of setting it on the kitchen table. "It took me a while but I finally got him on our side". Both Polly and John smiled. Polly stood up and brought her mug over to the sink. "Where's Ada?" Tommy asked looking at Polly. She finished rinsing her mug and answered. "Ophelia's she brought Finn and Carl over for the boys to play and for them to have a girly chat". Tommy nodded and looked at John smiling. Whilst he was gone he made John do something for him. "I need you to come with me Pol I gotta surprise for you". Tommy said. Polly frowned but followed him otherwise. They came to Ophelia's door. Polly knocked gently. Ophelia opened the door and smiled widely. "Your back". She said. Polly knew it was directed at Tommy. She smiled lightly. He nodded and asked. "Is Ada in?". She nodded and answered. "Yeah I'll go get her". She turned and made her way back into the house. "She's a lovely girl Ophelia, isn't she"? Polly asked. Tommy looked at her and nodded. Unsure why she asked and why she was smirking. Ophelia came back with Ada. "Hi Pol, Hi Tom". She said softly. Tommy smiled and said. "Grab your coat, I've got a surprise for you". Ada sighed and said. "I can't leave Karl". Ophelia smiled softly and said. "I'll look after him he's no trouble". Ada smiled widely at her and ran back into the house. She did love surprises. She turned around and asked "How was London?". Tommy smiled slightly at her and replied. "It went well, I met Solomons and he's on our side". Ophelia smiled in return. Polly looked to the two people standing before her and smiled. There was a connection between these two she just wished they'd hurry up and figure it out. Ada came back out with her coat on. She gave Ophelia a kiss and thanked her once again. She jumped down from the steps and hooked arms with Tommy.

Ophelia smiled lightly and shut the door going back to play with the boys. Tommy walked down the road with the two most important women in his life either side of him. They walked past the Shelby household and up to the end of the road where a tall, white house stood. It was the only house on the street that was white, the rest a dark grey. The two women frowned up at the house. "So I know you two have to put up with me and you never got a thank you for running and saving the business for those four years I was in France but I want you to no how grateful I am for you two being in my life. I bought you this house in a way to say thank you, as well as sorry. You will be able to have your own space that you need and deserve I know its a hassle living under the house with grown men, so your able to have your freedom. Its only ten doors away from where I am so if you ever need us you know where we are. We're not kicking you out we just feel its time you had some of your own space". The two women looked at each other in shock. It was Polly to move first. She turned around and pulled Tommy into a hug. "I don't know how to repay you for this" she whispered. He wrapped his arms around her and whispered back. "You've done enough Pol you looked after us after mam died and when dad fucked off". She smiled softly. She knew deep down her nephew was a gentleman. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and thanked him. Once she moved Ada ran into his arms hugging him. She thanked him over and over again. Tommy pulled out a set of keys. He gave one set to Polly and one to Ada. He opened the door and showed them around there new happy abode.