Chapter fifty one

It all happened in such a quick moment. A ambulance and the Shelby's where called. They where to meet Ophelia and Esme at the hospital. Michael had survived his injuries but John was gone. Ophelia held the crying Esme in her arms as they sat in the waiting area. Michael's body was taken to surgery whilst John's was taken to the morgue. "He's gone". Was all Esme could mutter. Ophelia pulled her closer as she began to sob harder. A few more tears started to fall from Ophelia's face. John, her best friend and her brother was dead. And then there was Michael her brothers best friend and a very close friend of hers injured, it wasn't fair.

The doors opened and the Shelby's rushed in. Ophelia looked up to see that all of them had been crying. Esme rushed to Ada. Ophelia stood up and pulled her husband into a hug. He was silently crying over the loss of his brother. She kissed him gently on the cheek. She turned to Polly and pulled her into a hug. "He's in surgery at the moment the doctor said he will come here if he has any news". She nodded and sat down in the nearest seat. "Where's John? Arthur asked. Ophelia looked at him and softly answered. "
He's down in the morgue they brought him there straight away". He nodded and looked at Tommy. They both walked towards the door. Arthur turned and gently asked. "Do you want to see him?". His eyes where trained on Esme. She shook her head and soon started to hysterically cry. Ophelia sat beside Polly, gently placing her hand on her knee. "I cant believe John has gone". Polly whispered. She turned to Ophelia and asked. "What happened?"

Ophelia sighed and told the story, tears swelling up in her eyes as she replayed the memory in her head. "If he hadn't pushed me out the way maybe...". Polly cut her off. "Don't say that John loved you like you where his sister he would of done anything to save you". She gently brushed the fallen tears that had fell from Ophelia's face. All there heads shot up when the door opened. A doctor walked in. "Miss Shelby". He said. Polly stood up and nodded. "Your son is perfectly fine, a few days of bed rest and he will be up walking again". She let out a cry and followed the doctor to his room. "Ophelia do you mind looking after Esme, i'm just going down to see John". Ada said softly. Ophelia nodded. "Of course Ada, how you holding up?". Ada smiled sadly and started to cry. "I cant believe he's dead, it was only yesterday we where having a laugh about the past". Ophelia wrapped her arms around her and rubbed her back. After a few minutes she made her way to where John was. Ophelia sighed and made her way into Michaels room.