Chapter 13: "Lover's Quarrel"

"I've never seen this type of substance before but based on carbon dating this has been more than thousands of years ago." said the old scientist who checked the white liquid parts that they got from the monster that attacked the Stone's construction site.

"So you're telling us that the monster that attacked the infrastructure was a thousand-year-old creature?!" the Tsuchikage asked. She's with Sasuke and other ninjas.

"Possibly Lady Tsuchikage. But as of now, its species is unknown. I know all of the different animals and creatures we have in the Shinobi world except for this one. We have to conduct further studies on it. It might take a while though because our laboratory got caught in the explosion. But we will keep you posted." said the old man.

"Okay. Thank you!" the Kage said. He turned to Sasuke, "I told you to take a break Sasuke, go home and rest man!" she said.

Sakura was busy reading the scroll she'd taken from Orochimaru's hideout when she heard knocks from her window. She turned around and saw Captain Morio. She opened the window and greeted him, "Good morning Morio-kun. What brings you here?" she asked.

"I heard that it's your rest day so I dropped by to check if you want to come along with me on the hills. I know a secret place there where rare herbs grow." Captain Morio said and smiled at her.

"Rare herbs?! Sure I'll go with you to check those plants!" Sakura cried.

"Whoah, these are biennial herbs flowers!" Sakura cried upon seeing a bed of yellow flowers.

"My grandmother was an herbalist. She used to bring me here when I was a child. As a child I would only play with them not knowing that they are something really special." he bent down to help Sakura pick the flowers.

"We can use them for Yuru's fast recovery..." Sakura said.

"He's the one right?" Captain Morio whispered.

"Huh?" Sakura uttered while looking at Captain Morio. She raised her brows because of bewilderment

"Lord Sasuke is the man that you talked about when I gave you the letter right? At first, I thought it was Lord Naruto but then I realized it was Lord Sasuke after all."

Sakura looked back at the flowers and felt sad and guilty, "I'm sorry..." she mumbled.

"Hey don't feel bad about it now! I just suddenly thought of it, that's all! Past is passed you know!" Captain Morio said trying to cheer her up. He tried to smile broadly to reduce the awkwardness.

"H-how did you know that... it's him?" Sakura asked.

"Well, I'm also a man. I know when a man looks a woman differently." Captain Morio answered.

"He looks at me differently?" Sakura asked herself.

"Are you two planning to settle down soon?" Captain Morio asked again.

"Probably..." Sakura whispered. She suddenly remembered her parents' disagreement with their plan of getting married.

"Anyway let's go Sakura-chan. It's past lunchtime!" Captain Morio said trying to change the topic after noticing Sakura's sad face.

When the two ninjas reached the hillside they found Sasuke waiting for them.

"Sasuke-kun what are you doing here?" Sakura asked with a surprised look.

"I was looking for you. What are you doing here alone with him?" Sasuke asked dryly.

"It's my fault Lord Sasuke I invited her here." Captain Morio said with a worried face.