one / church of los angeles

it's only been a month since kim taeyhung moved to america, los angeles to be specific. his good friend, kim namjoon, always insisted L.A. was where dreams came true. at least that's what he learned from movies. taehyung had only been to america twice in the past and he loved it. both of those times he was dragged along by his best friends. one in particular, was namjoon, whom learned how to speak english at a very young age, and had always wanted to move to america to pursue his rap career. his best friends all had their things they were into as well.

once they were all financially stable, they all made the choice to move to america in hopes of making it big. the only one who didn't have an extravagant dream was taehyung. his whole life he just wanted to be a teacher, he didn't care much about a wild lifestyle or fame. his friends were quite the opposite. they want it all, all that life has to offer.

so, taehyung decided to support all of his friends' hopes and dreams, so he came along for the ride. maybe this will give him a chance to find himself. taehyung was innocent. he only kissed one girl, and that was in middle school for some stupid play. he was always the "boring" one of the group. he never partied, and never hooked up with girls.

instead he devoted his time to his education, and his other hobbies. taehyung always had this need to find something more in life. so for the longest time he has studied many different religions in hopes of finding a reason for him to be on this earth. so far he hasn't found a reason, or a source, meaning he is atheist.

he has always wanted to study christianity, but he never got around to it. since he's moved to america for a break from schooling, he felt this would be the perfect time to do it. christianity is way more prominent in america than it is in south korea anyways.

it's currently a saturday and it's seven pm. out of the seven boys that share a home, jimin, jungkook, hoseok, and namjoon all went out already. yoongi is alone in his room binge watching shows on netflix, and, seokjin is on a date. that leaves taehyung. tae is on his bed reading a bible, debating the principles in his head. he would write in his journal every now and then, regarding how he felt about certain passages.

an hour had past of him just reading the bible, taking notes, and researching facts about christianity. so far, he was hooked. it was now 8 pm. he liked the main concept, there were only a few things that he really disagreed on. the main two being that homosexuality and fornication is a sin. he still felt as if the stories were made up, but he was interested. so a thought popped into his mind. catholic churches have open cathedrals. a smile appeared on his face.

he wasted no time. he quickly got ready. he put on his black ripped skinny jeans, a flowy white button-up shirt, a red leather jacket, and his black boots. he went into the bathroom and messed with his blonde hair a little before deciding to put a black headband in it. once he felt ready, he grabbed his keys and his newly bought bible. before he left he quickly knocked on yoongi's door but there was no answer. he opens the door slowly and cautiously, remembering the time jungkook walked in on yoongi masturbating.

to his relief, yoongi was passed out. the glow of his tv playing a k-drama illuminated his peaceful sleep state face. taehyung smiled at his hyung. he closed the door quietly, trying not to disturb him, knowing it'd be a regretful thing to do. he turned off all of the lights except the one by the entryway. he then left and locked the door. he went down the elevator to the parking garage to his apartment building. he quickly got in his red 80s mercedes. he started the car, and before driving into the night, he turned the radio on to a station based around songs from the 90s.

he drove out of the garage, while bopping to the spice girls. he drove and watched the city come to life right before his eyes. this was around the time people started partying and it was a saturday in the city of los angeles. a car next to him at the stop light had a bunch of teens in it, all of the windows down, and loud rap music blasting out the speakers. they all rapped to it at the top of their lungs, not giving a fuck about anything.