three / behind bars

taehyung paced back and forth as he and his friends were being confined in a cell, at a police station. they have already contacted jin who wasn't surprised and will be there shortly to speak with them. jin called a lawyer to talk about the problem and the man said he'd help. so far what they know is, yoongi is for sure going to have some community service to do. yoongi wasn't drunk, but unfortunately he had drank two glasses of wine before picking up his friends.

jungkook was very scared and kept crying, and repeating the phrase "please don't call my mom" over and over again. hoseok kept bothering the police officer watching over them. he was asking him questions like "have you ever killed anyone?" and "do you really eat a lot of donuts?." namjoon didn't really care about the situation they were in, he just wanted his phone. also namjoon has been arrested twice before in korea so this wasn't a big deal. manson didn't really mind it too much either, she also had her few run-ins with the law in the past. jimin kept trying to comfort yoongi, whom was not interested and about ready to bunch jimin in the throat. yoongi was on the opposite side of everybody else in the cell and he just gave all of them death glares, not saying a word.

time passed, in complete silence. jungkook fell asleep in namjoon's arms. eventually the cop got tired of hoseok's pestering and yelled at him, so he stopped and sat silently in the corner. he had finally realized the seriousness of the situation. manson sat on the ground cross-legged, her head lying between the bars enclosing them in, and her back to the cop sitting at a desk lazily reading a magazine. taehyung still paced back and forth. he has claustrophobia and has to keep himself moving to keep from having a panic attack. jimin somehow made his way on the other side of the cell, sitting on the metal bench with yoongi. even though both sat in utter silence and paid no attention to the other.

it felt like forever to taehyung. he was staring at the ground because if he looked at the walls, he would feel as if they were closing in on him. manson tried to comfort him a couple times and though he appreciated her efforts, it was no use. manson did some thinking. as she watched taehyung anxiously pace, she began to realize how pure he is. he is so sweet. from the moment she saw him, she knew he was different. he offered for her to come with him when she had nowhere to go, and she just knew in her heart that he had no ill-intent.

tae was a good, and kind soul. a soul who is so light, that it wants to explore the darkness. taehyung who radiates light, seems to have darkness in the middle of his soul, a decent amount. manson who radiates darkness, seems to have lightness in the middle of her soul, a lot of it. manson doesn't want him to change. she doesn't want to change him. she likes his light. but taehyung wants to see the darkness. he craves it, so much. he wants to change. she wondered, if she helped him, would he become dark and she become the light?

she doesn't know him, but she feels like they have been friends for years. she has never connected with another human being this well before. but she has so many questions about him still. the first one being, why did he have a bible in his hand, yet hadn't been to a church before today? why was he there in the first place? and who is this man really? he's not very easy to read. she has no idea what is going on is his mind or how he feels. but for the rest his
friends, it pretty easy to figure them out. that scared manson that she couldn't figure this stranger out.

in the past manson would've just had the cops call her dad and he'd bail her out. her father was never there for her. he was a business man who was too busy for his kids. so he would show his love in gifts. then he would leave for six mouths, leaving his daughter and son alone with their psychotic mom. manson had her older brother, dahmer, who is four years older than her. he loved her very much, and would protect her when their mom got abusive. then he left for college to start his life. time went on, and things went on.