※CHAPTER II※

BOOM! The sound of something falling was heard which made me wake up startled.

This is usually the sound my dad makes as he throws the toaster in the ground, followed by intense yelling at how it is not toasting his sacred morning bread.

But this time it was different. As I opened my eyes, ready to face my hellish father, he wasn't there, rather, my whole room wasn't there.

I sat in the white clean sheets, staring at my luxurious surroundings. The room was all in shades of grey and white, with some hanged paintings and fur carpets. From the ceiling, a beautiful crystal chandelier reflected the morning sunshine which peeked through the curtains of a window with the size of the whole wall. I was beyond astonished, i only saw houses like this in the movies.

'I'm probably dreaming.' I laughed at myself. 'Last night Hyunbin.. showed up after all these years and saved me... Why would I be in a place like this..'

BOOM! BOOM! I heard again, but this time a cry of pain followed the noise.

Oh no. This isn't a dream.
I couldn't stay still after, so I decided to go investigate.

I opened the door that lead out of the bedroom to a big corridor, the walls made of black and white marble. The doors extended for so long it got me dizzy.

'Damn this cold water!' A voice complained in the distance.

'Its probably the kitchen!!' I thought to myself. 'I need to find someone to ask why the hell I am in heaven.'

I walked hurriedly, placing my hear against the black wooden doors, looking for the mysterious voice.

Hopefully, I didn't have to search long. One door was a bit open and I could hear someone moving behind it.
So I gathered courage and stepped into the room.

Another enormous bedroom, but this one was even bigger than the one I had woken up. The highlight was the huge tv, the white leather sofa and... Some fashion magazines all over the ground along with a life sized stand of someone?? Those things in the ground were probably the noises that woke me.

Looking closely the stand looked like... A Hyunbin stand.. It started to make sense.

So Hyunbin saved me and took me to his house to pass the night. And now I was.. in his bedroom! But why does he live in an house like this?

Before I questioned anything else I noticed I wasn't alone...

Looking at the other corner of the room, a defined back of a male could be seen. He was all wet, his black messy hair still dripping water.

He was searching for clothes in his organized wardrobe. While he moved his arms to take a look at each shirt his strong back muscles moved, causing the drips of water to move down... To the towel wrapped around his waist.

'Shoot, I'm looking at a naked boy in his own bedroom.' I alarmingly realized.

I turned around slowly making my way to the door, hoping he would just mind his business and don't notice my unwanted presence.

I was almost grabbing the doorknob when... 'Y/n? Is it you?'

Crap crap crap. I quickly started thinking of a way to justify myself or else he would take me as a pervert.

'I-I-I'm sorry...' I said while I felt my cheeks heat up. 'I didn't know you were-'

I was interrupted by his quick approach. He was now standing right in front of my nose. All soaked in water. With his bare softly toned chest occupying all of my sight. And damn, those sharp collarbones.

'First of all, I don't want to strain your neck but my face is up here you know.' He laughed, gently pulling my chin up, so my eyes could meet his.
'Second of all, I'm just glad you're awake and feeling well. I was so worried, I thought he had hurt you...'

He frowned, looking at the ground while scratching the back of his neck. 'If I hadn't gone to eat an ice cream at that hour, I wouldn't have found you, and who knows what that horrible man would have done to you...'

He had saved me because he had gone eating an ice cream? So he is still the big baby i once knew.

'I want to protect you y/n, I won't let anything happen to you. I'll make sure that beautiful smile of yours doesn't leave, again...' He whispered looking right into my soul.

Next thing I knew, he was embracing me with his strong arms, adjusting his height to mine, lowering himself just so that he could put his cheek against my red ones.

'H-Hyunbin...' I stuttered. 'You're kinda like... Naked... Can we continue this conversation after you put some clothes on?'

'Ooooh! That's right!' It was his turn to get embarrassed, his eyes disappearing within the nervous smile. 'Then you go change clothes too! You have some back in your room. Then head downstairs and wait for me. We'll do something different today to cheer you up!'

So I did as he told me. I returned to the that room I first saw and got dressed in some black skinny jeans and a pink oversized sweater and found my way downstairs.

As I arrived at that new floor of the mansion my mouth automatically got wide open, everything from the expensive furniture to the curtains and metal art pieces dazzled my poor brain cells.

'Does it look appealing?' Hyunbin asked, putting his hands on my shoulders from behind, spinning me to face him after. 'But my looks are more.' The chocolate eyed boy said, while wiggling his hands under his chin and smiling cutely.

It was true, my heart was melting, but a voice in my head was screaming, remembering me of our past... of the pain, betrayal and loneliness. I couldn't just put it aside.

'Hey... You know. I'm really thankful you saved me. I mean it. But we should really just part our paths now, I have to return home. I can't look at your face like nothing happened.' I said, my voice becoming more and more quieter. 'I don't even understand why you're being this nice to me...'

'No no no don't even think about leaving me! I can't stand one more day alone. One more day with my guilt eating up my insides. One more day knowing I have not fixed this broken trust.' His voice was trembling, as if he had this feelings for a long time and was finally letting it out now. 'One more day in this rich but dark and suffocating mansion.'

'But Hyunbin, I don't understand... How did you change your thoughts about me so quickly? I mean, I believe in your words but... How can I be sure you actually mean them?'

That put him looking at the ground while holding his chin in thought.

'Oh I know how!' He announced cheerfully.

Said that, he turned his back on me and when he looked at me again he had that look I had got used to years before. The cold, serious, unreachable look. It send shivers down my spine.
He then walked away. To the front door of his house.

'I never want to see you again. I am leaving for good.'

'But wait! Why are you doing this?!'

'Goodbye.' He announced as he closed the door behind him, leaving me alone with my frenetic thoughts.

I knew it I knew it, he never stopped hating me.

But then the door opened again. And some bunny hears popped up. 'HI! I'm Kwon Bunny!' He returned with the most high pitched voice that ever came from his vocal chords.

'I saw a cold horrible hearted guy leaving you hurting alone so I came to protect you! I will neeeever leave you~' He then ran to me, grabbing my waist and spun me in the air, his bunny accessory tickling my face.

'Oh my god Mr Kwon Bunny don't do this to my heart again, you got me really scared for a second!'

'Mwahahhah! Mr Bunny likes to play with y/n! But now let's go to my favourite Coffee! I have always wanted to show it to you, I know you'll love it!' He announced, pulling me by the hand.

'Thanks for coming back.' I whispered under my breath.