Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Minnie made an amazing lasagna for supper, but nothing is better then my mothers cooking use to be. That's something I want to learn, is to be as good a cook as her. She use to change things in the recipes she used and it always made it better, it was her talent. She spent so much time in the kitchen that she made up some of her own recipes. She amazed me every time she put supper on the table.

Once everyone was done with there supper the sun had gone down and it was black outside, I couldnt see a thing when I looked out the window. Minnie assigned Tori, James and I to each have one of her boys show us to our rooms. Andrew and Jadyn rushed out of the room quickly before Minnie could assign them with someone. "Can I got with Ayla?" I saw Jake across the room waving his hand around in the air hestariclly.

"You can," Minnie replied, "But one of the older boys has to go with you."

"Can I pick Kendall?" he said batting his baby blue eyes.

"Yes. Kendall can go with you guys."

With that Kendall grabbed my suitcase and we went to climb the stairs to the second floor. As we went through a maze of halls we past a bunch of rooms, Kendall and Jake pointed out which room was which but honestly I probably won't remember. I wouldn't even be able to lead you back to the dinning room if you asked me to. There was a gym, a music room, a dance studio, a laundry room. What surprised me most though where the rooms that really weren't meant to be inside a house like the bowling ally, the basket ball court and the indoor swimming pool. It was crazy.

We turned the corner and were coming up on a small brown door at the end of the hall, Kendall took a few steps ahead of us and opened it, "Here's your room." he said with a smile and flicked the light switch on, "Lady's first." and he motioned for me to go inside.

I walked inside the room slowly taking it all in. There was a greenish blue wallpaper on the walls that matched the fluffy comforter on the queen bed that was in the middle of the room (who uses wallpaper these days? It's not the 80's anymore). The bed had a wooden frame that matched the dresser, nightstand and the small desk that was in the corner of the room. And to finish off the look the closet doors looked like something my great grandparents would have had in there time. But over all it was pretty cool, I really never saw a room decorated like this before. It was different, but good different.

"I like it, it's very homey." I said honestly.

"Look at the picture above your bed." Kendall said.

I did as he told and saw right away that it was a picture of my parents. I couldn't hold it in any longer so I let the tears ascape. It was so good to see there faces again. As the tears kept coming and pouring down my face Kendall pulled me into his arms, it surprised me a bit. I buried my face in his chest not bothering to even try and stop crying because I knew for a fact that it wasn't gonna happen.

"Where did you get the picture?" I mumbled through sobs which made it really hard to understand not to mention the fact that my face was still in his chest.

"Your aunt Carrie gave it to my parents." he replied.

Jake had wandered off at some point, I really wouldn't blame him though, because I really woulndn't want to be hanging around some person I barely know and watch them cry either.

Once I had calmed down a bit Kendall let his arms fall to his sides. "I'm sorry." I said and whipped my puffy red eyes.

"Oh, no problem at all. If you need anything else just let me know, my room is down the hall, you'll know it when you see it." he winked and handed me my heavy suitcase. Then he dissapered to his room I would assume.