enough.

✿ ✿ ✿

"A smile is the easiest way out of a difficult situation

"A smile is the easiest way out of a difficult situation."

—Sakura Haruno

✿ ✿ ✿

In front of her was a long, full length mirror, mounted on a wooden stand painted a rustic white, matching her room's accents.

"Sakura," the girl said to herself, fingering the long hair she took years to grow out, "you are the most beautiful, confident, strongest girl in the world. No one can tell you how large your forehead is, how your hair isn't as straight as Ino's, or how your body is like a boy's..." She trailed off, staring at her reflection and smiled widely. "And no one can—"

From outside of her room and in the downstairs kitchen, she heard a voice that made her jump. "Sakura, you have to leave soon! You wanted to get to the Academy early, since it's your last day, remember?"

"I'm coming, Okaa-san," Sakura replied in an upbeat tone. She glanced at herself once more before before leaving her room and going down to stairs very quickly, coming into her mother's sight.

"Here, Sakura, you'll be late if you don't leave right now, so here's a slice of toast. Get going!" Mebuki Haruno handed her daughter toast, then kissed her promptly on the forehead before opening the door for her.

"Thanks, Okaa-san! I'll see you later; hopefully I'll be a genin when I come back!" She laughed, then ran out the door. Immediately, her grin fell as she straightened up, walking down the backroad, just breathing and taking in her surroundings peacefully. It had been a while since she'd had free time, because of schoolwork. She would probably be late, but knew Iruka wouldn't be able to start class until everyone was there. Naruto would be there after her.

Sakura smiled, taking a deep breath that reached the bottom of her heart, and let it out, her eyes closed and her hands clasped behind her back. After a while, she decided it would be better to get to the Academy soon, and soon set off, politely apologising whenever she accidentally brushed against a civilian.

As soon as she reached the door to her classroom, Sakura plastered a smile on and slid it open, stepping in quietly and bowing to man at his desk. "Gomen, Iruka-sensei. I lost track of time." She turned back to the loud class after getting a nod from her teacher, and walked towards them. Then she spotted him.

"Sasuke-kun!" Sakura's eyes lit up as butterflies in her stomach rose to her chest, creating a tightness she couldn't really explain; only that it happened when the dark-haired boy was around. She pushed through the other students and sat next to him, looking ahead at the blackboard as she rested her elbow on the table to support her head. Every once in a while, she would glance shyly in the corner of her eye to stare at the boy. Just like always, Sakura sighed happily and daydreamed, thinking of different scenarios of her and her precious Sasuke-kun. If only for a moment, or wherever she saw Sasuke, she could forget about the heavy heart and weight she carried with her.