Chapter 12 -

Vanessa's POV

I go still in his arms, my mind taking a minute to process the sudden question. I'm still a bit stunned from the kiss we just shared, and everything's mixed up everywhere.

That was my first kiss, and it went to Beckett. Do I like that? I think I do.

What do I do? Yes or no?

I have a crush on Sasha, right? But Beckett makes me feel butterflies, more so than him. He's devoted to me and me only, and the feeling's not completely unrequited.

"Vanessa," he prompts, hope flooding between our gazes. Butterflies rise in my stomach once again. All of the doubt melts inside of me, the soft edges of his face a promise of something more.

"Yes," I say, shaking off all of my thoughts of Sasha. "Yes."

Beckett cups my face again, and I think he's going to kiss me, but instead, he presses his forehead to mine. "You won't regret this."

I smile, my eyes fluttering shut. My breaths turn shallow as I feel his forehead move from mine. His lips press to my head, sending tingles throughout me. I glance at him through my eyelashes.

He's looking at me again now, his eyes roaming my face. His shirt hangs from his muscular frame, brown eyes gentler than I've ever seen.

I move my hand to his heart, where it pounds even faster than earlier.

"I'm sorry this is so out of the blue," he starts, his cheeks tinged pink with embarrassment, "but since you're my girlfriend, and I did this backwards, will you go on a date with me?"

"Of course," my response comes almost instantly. I'm determined to forget all about Sasha with this sweet guy in front of my that's everything I want. Beckett's my boyfriend now, and he's better than I've ever dreamed of—sweet, loyal, caring, strong, but best of all: mine.

I go on my tiptoes like I do when I dance and press a faint kiss to his lips playfully. I've never done this before, but I'm fully ready to do things out of my comfort zone for this, for him.

I'm ready to start a new chapter of my life. And Beckett Bradstreet's kickstarted my whole new world.

----------------

Author's Note -

I'm afraid that this has come to an end. Yes, guys, it was the last chapter, to the relief to some of you. But to some of you, it's something that you can't believe is happening.

I'm still debating whether to do a sequel or not, but we'll see based on the comments and votes I get on this story.

I'm also not sure I want to write any more Becknessa, as much as I like the ship. As I said before, I guess we'll see. But if I do start a sequel, I'll be sure to post on here the title of the book and that it's up. Please comment whether you want a sequel or not. I'll really appreciate your input, whichever way it goes.

Signing off for the (maybe) last time,

Owl XOXO