Prologue

"God created the world, but it is the Devil who keeps it going."

***

Connor gripped the heavy briefcase tightly, with his uninjured hand as he tried to figure out what to do next. He couldn't afford to lose these documents--for the safety of those innocent lives that could be ruined in his one wrong move.

He checked the makeshift bandage on his wounded arm as he stopped behind a tall juniper. The bullet from the high-powered rifle had passed through his arm cleanly, leaving two gaping holes in his biceps. The bandage had temporarily stemmed the flow of blood, but just barely. His head felt light from the loss of blood, and he was running out of time. His strength was fading and he was finding it increasingly difficult to walk, much less run.

Duty drove him now. The Brotherhood was counting on him to see this mission through….and Shantal. What he found out about the leader of the Orpheus was the most disturbing on his part. Especially when he found out who is the girl, when he dug the depths of "The Shark" 's life.

Determination kept him moving. He had to live long enough to insure the Brotherhood's safety, and the safety of the girl.

He walked faster when he heard a sound in the bush below him. He turned around, walked backward, till he didn’t notice that he is an inch farther to the cliff. He did realize the fact, but it was too late. Connor fell into the depths of the ocean, making a large sound of splashing water as he fell, with the briefcase he was determined to protect even if the risk is his own life.

***

Copyright © 2012 by IAmNotTheKindOfGirl.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of the author.

Erika's Note:

Lahat ng magaganap sa librong ito ay puro gawa lamang ng aking isipan.

Lahat rin ng mga pangalang ito ay likha lamang ng imahinasyon.

Ngunit ang ibang kultura at tradisyon ng Navajo Indian Reservation ay mababasa sa librong ito.

Ang main female protagonist ng libro ay gagamitin ang wikang Ingles,sa pagnanarrate ng kanyang mga point of views.

Ang main male protagonist naman ay gagamit ng wikang Filipino ,sa pag nanarrate ng kanyang mga saloobin.

Warning:Pinapayuhan ko ang lahat ng balak na basahin ang libro,wag nyo ng ituloy kung sa quote

pa lamang ay natakot na kayo.

Yung mga malalakas naman ang loob,

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.