Chapter 19 - Trapped

"Helena, I'm making dinner tonight!" Jack yelled at me.

"Okay!" I yelled back, scrolling through my phone.

Jack couldn't help me anymore. The chemo and radiation were starting to make me lose hair, and I always felt horrible all of the time. Plus, it was really cutting into my savings.

I didn't want to make Jack or Lucy do this anymore. Lucy flew out from London every other weekend to see me and make sure I was alright.

It wasn't right.

*****

"Helena, are you okay?" I heard a knock on the door.

I didn't answer, letting the tears fall down my cheeks.

"Helena, please open the door." He asked, knocking again.

I crawled towards the door and unlocked it, staying on the floor.

He hesitantly opened it and looked inside at the person cowering on the ground.

"Helena..."

I sniffled, "I'm so sorry, I'm trying."

He sat beside me and took me in his arms. "I know, and that's okay. Maybe we can find some new medicine or something."

I shook my head and wiped off a tear. "I can't do this anymore. I'm not getting any better."

"You will, I know you will, because I'm not giving up on you."

-----

"I don't understand." Jack said, crossing his arms.

"I can't do this to you." I mumbled, looking down at my feet."

"You aren't doing anything to me."

"You're trapped here, having to take care of me, it's selfish."

He walked towards me and embraced me. "I am not trapped. I love you and I want you to get better. I do whatever to help you, you never have to feel like you're burdening me, okay?"

I shook my head, pushing him away and grabbing my suitcase. "I'm sorry, Sean."