Chapter 2: The Lost Phone

Jaejoong stopped playing the moment she entered. Her face is unfamiliar so he assumed she's one of the new trainees.

"Please go on..." she said. He smiled and noticed how she tried to avoid his eyes. He continued playing the piano with no particular piece in mind. He just let his fingers glide along the keys.

When he finished he heard her say, "It's wonderful." When he looked up he saw the sincerity in those words.

"Thank you." he replied. "Do you play?"

She shook her head. "No, I never got the chance."

She could have simply said “No, I don’t play“. But instead she said something which implies she wanted to try but couldn’t. Even she herself was surprised with her own honesty.

"Why don’t you try it now?" he said showing his wonderful smile that could melt anyone’s heart.

She looked surprised probably because she didn't expect the question. "N-no… I better not."

He looked at his watch then cursed. "Oh uh.. I have to go..." He stood up ready to leave but before he left he asked, "What's your name?"

"Seohyun..."

"I'm Jaejoong. It's nice meeting you, Seohyun-shi. See you around." Then he was gone leaving Seohyun staring at the door, tongue-tied.

Seohyun moved towards the piano without any plans of playing it. The melody she heard a while ago still lingers in her mind. It was so beautiful that she was so captivated by the sound of it. She was about to sit at the chair where Jaejoong was when she noticed a phone sitting on top of it. It didn't take a while before she realized it was Jaejoong's.

Seohyun went to inspect the phone making sure it was Jaejoong's before she decides what to do with it. She was looking through the pictures when she realized she's not supposed to look at them. One picture shows Jaejoong looking like a real dork with a rubber band forming a mustache around his pouted mouth with Park Yoochun, another member of TVXQ, behind him looking just as silly. Seohyun finds them really cute and she couldn’t stop smiling. Another picture is also a close up showing jeajoong who was probably in the bathroom with his hair covered in foamy shampoo. Some pictures to her shock were really scandalous that she almost yelped. Red-faced and embarrassed, she turned the phone off.

------

Jaejoong left the music room in a hurry. They were practicing some dance choreography for their upcoming 4th album and while having a short break, he decided to go to the music room and play the piano. He was in the mood for making a new song so he left without bothering to tell anyone where he was going. When he came back every one were just about to leave.

"Jaejoong, where the heck have you been?" TVXQ leader Jung Yunho asked him with anger apparent in his voice.

"Mianhae…" He apologized. "I went to the music room and lost track of time."

"Never mind… Practice is over." then he said to everyone, "Let's go! We have a plane to catch..."

Jaejoong sighed. A flight right after a practice… If he doesn’t like his job he wouldn’t have lasted this long. But the thing is he loves what he does and it makes him so happy knowing that he was able to touch people’s hearts with his music. Every time he’s on stage singing he knows that his hard work is all worth it. He also knew the other members feel the same way.

Incheon Airport

Seoul, South Korea