C H A P T E R | 02

I've actually gone through and re-write some of this chapter so its A LOT better than the last one. Hope you enjoy xx
<><><>

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the cold morning air nipping at my skin. I looked beside me to see Shira, asleep and her head on my shoulder. I gave her a gentle smile. Not that she could see. I moved slowly as to not wake her and grabbed my sword. I set of into the forest to hunt for some birds or rabbits so we could eat before we started moving again. I stayed around the outskirts of the forest and near the house so that I wouldn't be far from Shira.

'Hopefully she didn't wake up and panic before I get back.'

I basked in the atmosphere of the forest. It truly was beautiful.

<><><>

It had taken me a while but I finally cought a rabbit. I walked back to the house, knowing the way perfectly expecting a lone Shirayuki, only to fing her surrounded. There were three people, a woman and two men.

The white-haired boy was holding his sword to Shira. It was unsheathed but I could only think about protecting my sister from these people.

I targeted the young boy, his attire was that of high class. I stepped between Shirayuki and his sword, grabbing it with my hand. I took his shock to advantage and pulled roughly causing him to stumble towards me.

I sidestepped so I was behind him and pulled on both of his arms and forced them behind his back while I kicked the back of his knees making him fall. He was then laying on his stomache with both hands being held behind his back, me sat on top of him.

In the process I had also unsheathed my own sword and held it to his neck. I finally took notice of the big bruise on Shirayuki's forearm and glared at him so hard that my pupils looked like slits.

"How dare you hurt her!" My voice was filled with venom.

I felt my sister's gentle hand on my arm, stopping me from doing anything.

"Syn wait! He didn't do it, I did!" She was desperate to get me to stop. I snapped my head in her direction.

"What the hell are you talking about Shira?" I demanded. She looked down at the ground and her voice went quiet.

"I did it. I wanted to prove to them I wasn't dangerous so that I could help him. He fell off of that wall and injured himself!" She pointed up at the ten foot wall. I sighed, getting off of the boy and kneeled down infront of her.

"Shira...look at me..."
She still wouldn't look at me. After a brief pause i spoke a little more sternly.

"Shirayuki."
At the sound of my tone of voice sharpen as well as her full name she raised her head. Her eyes were full of fear, fear that I thought she was a disappointment.

"Hey! You did nothing wrong. I just thought they'd hurt you. You know how protective I am of you. I only wish for you to be safe." My voice soft as I gently rest my hand on her head. She gave me a big smile and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry!" I stroked her head and gave her a soft smile.

"Its alright." We stayed like that for a few seconds before our moment was interrupted.

"Excuse me, but I think now would be a good time to go inside." The white-haired boy awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"Oh. Your still here?" I asked with a blank look and looked to the side.

"What's that supposed to mean!"

<><><>

Shirayuki and I were sat inside the house we stept outside of, along with the noble boy and his guards who were both currently playing chess. I was sat on the sofa across from Shirayuki and the boy, leaning forward with my hand resting on top of my sword that was standing straight.