Nine

"Ouch- damn it Mikey!" Calum whined, rubbing his head.

"Sorry! Sorry! I am so-"

"Shhhh!" Calum covered Michaels mouth, pointing down at the grass. "There they are!"

Luke and Ashton were now sitting on the grass, talking. They seemed deep in conversation. Ashton leans in to Luke... are they going to-?

The bush's branch snaps, causing Michael and Calum to fall into the bush, covered in soft leaves and twigs.

"Would you look at that..." Michael chews his lip. "I've done it again."

Calum sighs but lets out a soft giggle, pushing Michael playfully. "I said stop swinging on the branch! Now I'll never know if Luke and Ashton are a thing!" Calum gasped softly. "Is that where he's getting his hickeys from?"

Michael rolled his eyes. "No way; Luke is way too innocent for someone like Ashton."

They both look at eachother and shrug. "Still wanna go through with Operation make-Ashton-join-our-prom-committee-to-make-him-and-Luke-fall-in-love-because-we-love-drama?"

Michael stood up, smiling softly as he brushed away the fallen leaves. "I told you to call it Operation A, dork. I think the other one is a bit too obvious." He held his hand out, helping Calum up.

-

The next class was the group projects class. Luke was excited to see Michael and Calum again, and ready to show them new ideas about this years theme. He turned the corner, almost jumping when Michael smiled a toothy grin.

Luke laughed softly. "Why do you look so ominous?"

Michaels gaze was slightly behind Luke. Calum was approaching Ashtons locker, ready to talk to him. They both new there was no way in hell Luke would let Calum or Michael talk to Ashton; and they didn't blame him. He got too overworked about everything anyway. Plus, what he didn't know couldn't hurt him, so they just had to make sure he didn't see Calum trying to talk to Ashton.

Michael took Lukes calculater off the pile of books in Lukes hands. "This is a cute calculator... where'd you get it?"

"Uhm... in Easons? Probably? I need that for after this class Michael..." He huffed, trying to get it back.

Michael smiled and slowly held it back out for Luke to take, but just before Luke was able to grab onto it, Michael was legging it down the hall. Gone, just like that.

Luke sighed, hiding a smile and rolling his eyes, picking up his pace and running after Michael. "What the hell, Mike? Give that back!" It was funny, but Luke was also going to be very mad if he didn't get his calculator back for Algebra.

Calum slammed his side against the locker, grabbing Ashtons attention.

"The fuck?"

"Ouchie..." Calum frowned. "That always goes so much better in movies... Last time I take any advice from High School chick flicks. I should have known after I tried to clear my acne with Regina Gorges stupid remedy... real gold is not good for your skin! And expensive!"

Ashton stared at the boy, frowning. "Mate I think the after shock from whacking yourself against that locker has gone right to your head."

"Oh no, it didn't even hurt! I'm fine!"

Ashton scruched his nose. "So this is how you always act?"

Calum nodded, smiling. Ashton rolled his eyes, closing his locker and turning around.

Calum huffed, tugging his shirt. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"Home? I don't take next class and last class is Algebra. Fuck that."

"Well... what if I told you... uhm... that you could have the honour of joining me in the prom comm-"

"Prom commitee? With you?" Ashton lauged. "Not a hope."

"And Michael."

Ashton shruged, "Even worse."

"And Luke."

Ashton froze, looking back at Calum, biting his lip softly. "And Luke?"

Calum smiled, nodding and grabbing Ashton's hand, tugging it. "To prom committee!"

Ashton sighed, running a hand through his hair. Prom commitee... bad. Spending time with Luke... good. Also, this project is credit for his overall mark and he needs all the credit he can get.

When he got the table, Luke was already at the bottom of the hall, chasing after Michael. When turned his head to see Ashton sitting down, he quickly tripped over his own feet, crashing down into some props near the stage.

Ashton got up, running over to him and holding out his hand. "Shit, are you okay?"

Luke blushed, taking his hand carefully and pulling himself up. "Uhm... good, yeah... What are you doing here?"

Ashton shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I need those grades remember... and I didn't know what club to join and Calum basically dragged me here..."

Luke looked over at Calum suspiciously. Calum returned the look with a small wave and a smile.

"Well... welcome to the Prom Committee." Luke smiled, brushing himself down after his fall and going over to take a seat.

Ashton grumbled, following him. "Prom is stupid anyway..."

Luke had feared he'd say something like that.